Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)
  • HONC – are the entries open yet?
  • Philby

What a farce – been trying to do this on a mobile without Wi-Fi for 1 hour 40 mins. Have got through to payment authentication page then get some error message. Entry Central get your f***ing act together!

wurzelcube
    Free Member

finally I’m in

gazerath
    Free Member

I’ve signed up for two more places for me and my brother stuck at the confirmation screen again. This will mean me and him are entered twice if it goes through. If we are both entered twice I will resell the entry on here.

MarkyC
    Free Member

Official website still says:

“Event entry will be available online only via this website from 12 noon on 5th January 2013”

!

flashes
    Free Member

I’m in…here’s the entry list (if you can get in)

http://www.entrycentral.com/index.php?raceID=100199

gazerath
    Free Member

my brother is in I’m not how can that be? I paid at same time? grrrr I love this event and want to be in it

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

FINALLY! YES I’M SHOUTING!

..526 🙂 Only hope I’m up to it by then 😀

MikeWW
    Free Member

boltonjon

OK, that system is the worst i’ve ever used

Managed to get tickets for Glastonbury 7 years in a row, 200,000 tickets in 30 mins….

Barclay’s have just called me to check out why i’ve just had 7 transactions, totaling £135, paid to EntryCentral…

I’ve seen the successful screen shot once for 2 race entries, for which i received confirmation emails

God knows what happened with the rest

I don’t know how much EntryCentral take on each transaction, but i know that i’d be happy to pay £5 to £10 more to ensure a good system which can handle a couple of hundred people trying to enter

Maybe at 8am or 9am as well so it doesn’t screw up a days riding

Grrrrrr

drain

Genuine LOL at AA – see you there!

jj55

Have entered 6 people, bank confirms £90 paid, but only 1 of us appears on the entry list 😯

Winchcombe CC facebook page has a few comments on it from the harassed club members, appears its entry central who are too blame! 👿

gazerath
    Free Member

Anyone know how to get a refund off entry central if they have taken our hard earned money but given us no places?

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

My payment was accepted 40 mins ago but still no confirmation e-mail.

I’m on the sign-up list though, so fingers crossed!!

Alex

Tried it twice. Got bored of protx having a hissy fit. Decided it was fate’s way of telling me it’ll be raining and horrible.

coxy17
    Free Member

My payment crashed, had no email, never looked to see if i was on the last, this happend 3 times before payment was taken.now I’m on the list 3 times.BLimy that’s 300klm i have to do,i better start training for that distance.

edsbike
    Free Member

Bummer, entries closed. I may be looking for one if anyone has a spare, looks like there might be a lot of duplicates?

jimw
    Free Member

I must be lucky, just went through no problems, either that or everyone else gave up! Entry No. is in the low 300’s, by this time last year all entries taken an hour or so since.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

FFS! Now closed and my name is no longer on the sign up list.

Bloody shambles.

jj55

Entry has been suspended until further notice, please check the organiser’s website for updates

jj55

my name has just disappeared from the list 😮

clubber
    Free Member

it looks like they’ve closed it now…

oldman123
    Free Member

Sweet baby jesus… Seems I’ve got pending transactions galore for apparent failed payments which have actually been accepted! Someone needs a **** kickin!

ianc61
    Free Member

Just received an email confirming my entry but is says it is a duplicate receipt and does not have my number. At least I have an entry. I hope.

chippymtb
    Free Member

The two of the group I entered, who were on the list are no longer, but the inital entry I did for myself now seems to have gone through, and I’ve got an email.

Still waiting to see if the rest of the group are in or not?

clubber
    Free Member

I got this email and I’m on the list

Your entry for 29th Hell Of The North Cotswolds (duplicate receipt)

Hello Clubber This is to confirm that you have entered 29th Hell Of The North Cotswolds on 14 April 2013. The organiser has added information that you need to know about the event, to the bottom of this email receipt. A copy of this email has been sent to the organiser, who requested that this receipt be re-sent to you.

Your Entry Details

If any of your personal details need to change, you should contact the event organiser, John Taylor (honcwinchcombe@aol.com), and not EntryCentral.com. Allocated Entry Number 206

gazerath
    Free Member

Got the same email now.

Your entry for 29th Hell Of The North Cotswolds (duplicate receipt)
    Hello Gareth Partington

This is to confirm that you have entered 29th Hell Of The North Cotswolds on 14 April 2013. The organiser has added information that you need to know about the event, to the bottom of this email receipt. A copy of this email has been sent to the organiser, who requested that this receipt be re-sent to you.

Feel sorry for the organizer having to sort this s*** out now due that crappy website.

Right I’m going to go tweak my bike and pretend I don’t have two lots of money going out the bank.

Hells

Went away for an hour or so, came back, checked my emails!! I’M IN!!! 😀

ianc61
    Free Member

I appear to be in, I just don’t have a number allocated in the email. Fingers crossed only one lot of money going out, had to enter card details so many times I could be bankrupt lol

Hells

I don’t have a number either, but I’m on the list and I have an email confirming it!! Numbers can be sorted later!

Next thing I need to do is sort accommodation for the night before!

clubber
    Free Member

it’s worth reading the fb page :

http://www.facebook.com/WinchcombeCycleClub

sounds like they’re having a tough time…

clubber
    Free Member

Winchcombe Cycling Club
    Current situation we have asked ‘Entry
    Central’ to suspend entries until we can
    establish how many people have entered and
    we will then depending on places remaining
    (if there are any) device a system to allocate
    any remaining.
    This time last year all 1200 places were taken
    in 40 minutes. this year only 300 places were
    handled in the first hour.
    This is a quote from ‘Entry Central’ an email
    extract received a short while ago…
    “I suggest you protect your reputation and
    pull further entries, when you confirm I will
    close the event. The server allows 10k
    concurent connections and is not able to
    handle the demand for your 1200 places.
    All payments will be honoured, nobody will
    be overcharged. Some shoppers will have
    shadows on their accounts, but the collection
    will not be made against these
    authorisations”
    Clearly the site was receiving over ten
    thousand requests causing a total melt down
    of the ‘Entry Central’ server.
    We will review the current situation and
    provide further updates within the next hour.
    Thank you for your patience and we will do
    our utmost to resolve this as fast as we
    possibly can this end.

IHN

I feel for the Winchcombe and ‘Nam CC guys, they lay on a smashing event and they’ve been let down by the EntryCentral hamsters.

Please, please, please let’s not let the shambles with the entry system reflect badly on what is a brilliant event that raises a good chunk of cash for charity (and, no less significantly, provides a good chunk of cake for every participant)

amt27
    Free Member

hi all, i think my failed payments (5 of them) have either gone through or frozen from my available balance in my bank account, naughty naughty

MikeWW
    Free Member

To add some balance
    The Entry Central System normally works quite well. We use it for club membership and its used extensively for tri events.
    The problem is the number of hits. Given last years event was sold out in less than an hour I guess there was always a chance it would go into meltdown

c_klein87

has it sold out? website says entries closed, but places look available?

jimw
    Free Member

I think this is the relevant bit:

we have asked ‘Entry
    Central’ to suspend entries until we can
    establish how many people have entered and
    we will then depending on places remaining
    (if there are any) device a system to allocate
    any remaining.

MartynS

read clubbers post..

I guess they don’t know how many places have gone so its shut untill its worked out..

Entry Central seem to have massively messed up here. It was fine last year. In fact I don’t ever remember a problem entering.

It is a great event, as IHN has said the organisers have been let down by a 3rd party.

c_klein87

thanks for the heads up guys, i’ll keep an eye on the site.

monsteryeti
    Free Member

Gutted, paid twice, no entry showing on Entry Central.

Will have to wait for it to come back up.

PANTS CENTRAL

sturmey
    Free Member

Looking at the list it seems about 700 entries are on the list my brother was 306 at the time they suspended entries so I guess its slowly getting sorted and ammended, good luck. It does state the servers are capable of handling over 10000 people so I guess more than tried to register at once causing problems. Can we blame the Olympics and Brad Wiggins?

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘HONC – are the entries open yet?’ is closed to new replies.