Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Homophobia trump card….
  • outofbreath
    Free Member

What preconceptions would you have about the sexuality of any of the people in the photo?

I just assume everyone wants me to shag them.

loddrik
    Free Member

If person B lost the argument he may as well go out blazing by making passing reference to showers and soap and get out of there, refusing to shake hands as they go…

aracer
    Free Member

Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t subconsciously do it, though.

That’s what I was thinking, hence I reckon Drac is lying. I’m interested in preconceptions even if they’re not ones you’d consciously make, let alone express.

I might as well admit I’m the only person in the pic identifying as male and curious about what other people might think!

allthegear
    Free Member

only person in the pic identifying as male and curious about what other people might think

That you’re going home alone?? 😆

Rachel

soulrider
    Free Member

Perception of the words used by A (bi or not) by B meant that the comment was seen to be prejudicial.

aracer
    Free Member

That you’re going home alone??

😆 not that you’d need to make any assumptions about sexuality to guess that!

Drac

That’s what I was thinking, hence I reckon Drac is lying. I’m interested in preconceptions even if they’re not ones you’d consciously make, let alone express.

Don’t worry he’s not, I’m really wouldn’t be thinking. “Hmmm! I wonder what their sexually is?” Why would I?

CountZero

bearnecessities – Member
    What on Earth is a “currently practicing Bi person”????
    Not quite proficient yet, so they’re starting at the bottom.

Oh, nicely done, sir!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

On a sexuality thing we had a press release about a Bi-Sex awareness thing in Oxford with a working title of Bi-Visibility. All very tongue in cheek but they got the message across. 😀

P-Jay
    Free Member

Bi People can be homophobic. I know a gay guy who “hates poofs” oddly, but what he means is he hates overly camp people.

It’s also completely possible to be a minority racist.

My SIL claimed for many years not to be gay, despite being in a long term relationship with a woman, she’s wasn’t gay, she just loved one women, she’s wasn’t Bi because she didn’t fancy men, although she dated a few before the woman, she didn’t fancy other women other than the one she was with. I think a lot of that was guilt from her catholic upbringing, she’s gay now and married.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is this now a 50 Shades of Gay

Chapeau

bencooper
    Free Member

In hindsight I think she erroneously believed that ‘racism’ was defined solely as ‘white people being prejudiced towards ‘black’ people’.

Well, she has a point – it depends on how you define racism. It’s possible for anyone to make racist statements, however only black people suffer from structural racism in the West (and most places really). So it’s possible for an individual black person to be racist towards an individual white person, but that’s different to the racism that black people experience from society as a whole.

As a white male, I can laugh off sexism and racism towards me. It’s not so simple for people who aren’t white and male.

scotroutes

only black people suffer from structural racism in the West

Really? What about gypsies?

funkmasterp

And gingers?

km79
    Free Member

And Asians?

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Probably three years ago now I yarned to some cold calling Jehovah’s witnesses and ever since they’ve come round every month for an hour or so, cup of tea etc. even though they know I’m not going to join. They were quite put out that “their kind” were some of the first rounded up by the Nazi’s but don’t get mentioned. “Those glory seeking Jews” she said..

giantalkali
    Free Member

Aren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses just hardcore Christians?

outofbreath
    Free Member

“their kind” were some of the first rounded up by the Nazi’s

Although:

Unlike Jews and Romani who were persecuted on the basis of their ethnicity, Jehovah’s Witnesses could escape persecution and personal harm by renouncing their religious beliefs by signing a document indicating renouncement of their faith, submission to state authority, and support of the German military.

I’d take that over Treblinka every time.

Cougar

On a sexuality thing we had a press release about a Bi-Sex awareness thing in Oxford with a working title of Bi-Visibility. All very tongue in cheek

Good a place as any to start I suppose.

bencooper
    Free Member

Really? What about gypsies?

Okay, I should have phrased it as “white people don’t suffer from structural racism”.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Homophobia trump card….’ is closed to new replies.