• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • homeprotect.co.uk – home insurance with cycle cover… any good?
  • Redbus
    Free Member

Evening all,
    There’s usually some search results for insurance based threads but ‘homeprotect’ doesn’t seem to return anything.

Just got a quote through one of the online compare websites and homeprotect.co.uk seems to be half the cost of my current insurer. (£309 with a couple of bikes covered in home and away.)

Anyone use them?

Cheers

iainc

my thread from the other day. Quote from PedalCover is almost half the M&S renewal and I’m in process of getting it in place

Vortexracing

I’m on 2nd year with them. no probs so far

smurfly13
    Free Member

+1 for Pedalcover. Recommended to me off here and they have been fantastic

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Wev’e just gone to John Lewis, down to £228 from £710 (with M&S) got a quote from Pedalcover earlier this year which was just over £300.

John Lewis includes 5K bike cover.

stevied
    Free Member

Good timing on this, need to do our home insurance this week.

iainc

I got a John Lewis quote this morning. The 5k cover isn’t per bike, I had to list all those worth over £1000 and that seemed to push the premiums up. Was still £200 less than current M&S renewal…

cb

I’ve recommended Home Protect a couple of times on here before. Was about to start my third year with them but Pedalcover slightly cheaper quote today. However, excess is slghtly higher – they seem to get around that by signing you up to another policy which covers your excess so all is well.

You have to be careful with Home Protect auto renewal as they seem to raise the premium. A call sorts that out and they will match their online quotes on comparison sites but a PITA nevertheless.

I decided to try elsewhere as they loaded us slightly for NOT claiming for pipe leak that we reported in case it got worse before we could diagnose the problem. Pedalcover protect your bikes in locked cars – Home Protect do not.

Redbus
    Free Member

thanks for replies – will get some quotes!

iain1775
    Free Member

However, excess is slghtly higher – they seem to get around that by signing you up to another policy which covers your excess so all is well.

Having tested the Pedalcover ‘excess protection’ policy, as well as the main AXA cover for a damaged iphone I can confirm both where a smooth process with no issues
    In future I am going to go down this higher excess with separate excess policy route for all my insurance, works out a lot cheaper (assuming your not making several claims every year) it’s a great top tip from Darren at Pedalcover

harryjan
    Free Member

Just signed up with https://pedalcover.co.uk and impressed by the customer service from them.

DezB
    Free Member

HomeProtect were good for me. Replaced my carbon frame after it got squished.

Gone with Lloyds now, as they do bikes as specified items too and there’s cashback for existing customers (only).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘homeprotect.co.uk – home insurance with cycle cover… any good?’ is closed to new replies.