Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Homeopathic bike repairs
  • neilthewheel

Since homeopathy is now available from the NHS and therefore clearly an effective, scientifically proven approach to healing, I’d like to hear your tips for applying homeopathy in the workshop. Here’s one to get you started.

Punctures: to treat a puncture, take a small thorn and dissolve it in an Olympic swimming pool of water. Take one drop of this solution and dissolve it in another Olympic size swimming pool of water. Repeat x 7. Now take one drop of the resulting solution and drip it into your tyre valve. Repeat 3 times a day until the symptoms have gone.

Stoner
    Free Member

I find dabbing a dropper of Bachs rescue remedy on my spokes when Im wheel building helps them unwind.

iolo
    Free Member

All pharmacists here in Austria are trained homeopaths.
    It’s part of their degree.

bokonon
    Free Member

You forgot that you have to knock the vial of water medicine on a horses saddle – you can’t miss that out otherwise it won’t convince idiots with more money than sense work.

Northwind

Lots of people I know have imaginary problems with their bikes, fixing them with homeopathy makes perfect sense.

alanf
    Free Member

Or there could be my current GPs approach – problem with bike? Don’t ride it.
    Problem solved.

wwaswas

surely only one of them needs to be trained and the rest just pick it up by being in a very dilute gas mixture that they all breathe?

aracer
    Free Member

It’s part of their degree.

It used to be a whole term’s course, but they’ve now cut it back to just one minute of teaching to make it more effective.

bencooper
    Free Member

I do have the occasional repair where I can find no explanation so I dismantle things, clean them, and put them back together and that fixes the problem.

I did have one customer tell me to stop truing a wheel while I was talking to her, as the spinning spokes were affecting her energy field.

Stoner
    Free Member

Really? Ive just looked through the curriculum for the Diplomstudium Pharmazie at Vienna University and there’s no mention of it.

Northwind

It’s there, just in the undetectably small print.

soobalias
    Free Member

i know of at least two riders who would benefit from being able to spend money on something that would at least do no harm.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Ohh!try smearing some tiger balm on your discs, they should give off pleasing decongestant aromas when they get warm on the long descent.

Stoner
    Free Member

now you’re confusing herbal remedies with homeopathy. Not the same thing s-b-h.

EDIT: But then so was I with the Bachs thing 😳

However, Bachs is still quackery, if not homeopathy.

How do the Remedies work?
    The Bach Flower Remedies is a safe and natural method of healing. They gently restore the balance between mind and body by casting out negative emotions, such as, fear, worry, hatred and indecision which interfere with the equilibrium of the being as a whole. The Bach Flower Remedies allow peace and happiness to return to the sufferer so that the body is free to heal itself.

Tiger balm on the other hand is eye-watering orsumness.

maccruiskeen

I’ve explained to my derailleur that its probably allergic to wheat.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Try smearing some tiger balm on your discs,

Well, if that’s what you call them….

fasthaggis

I know a few bike mechanics that use herb supplements ,maybe it helps them with fixing bikes. 😉

stavromuller
    Free Member

I find when it comes to getting gears to index properly, the holistic approach, although time consuming, works best. Start from scratch and fettle everything.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Start from scratch and fettle everything.

clanton
    Free Member

Not to be too pedantic but – big difference between “holistic” and “homeopathic”.

There are people who use the term “holistic medicine” to mean alternative medicines (incl but not limited to homeopathy) but it is not actually correct.

clanton
    Free Member

@ soobalias – homeopathy in fact DOES do harm – because it means that people use it in stead of actual, effective treatments. Often the person who ends up being harmed is someone vulnerable – a child or a very gullible partner.

stavromuller
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say your too pedantic, just enough to be annoying 😀

wwaswas

I wouldn’t say your too pedantic

*nngghhhh*

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Homeopathic bike repairs’ is closed to new replies.