Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Homemade Party Pizza cooking options
  • blastit
    Free Member

Can I half cook them then finish off later , to save on faff ?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ay?

Home made Pizza doesn’t take long to cook.

Just make them all in advance and then cook them when you are ready ?

johndoh
    Free Member

Why not just prepare them all beforehand then fully cook at the time? At about 8/10 minutes cooking time, you would need to be cooking one hell of a lot that trying to half the cooking time is going to be of help to you!

johndoh
    Free Member

Or I could have just said ‘See above’ ^^^

🙂

sandwicheater

We always make too much dough and prep too much toppings so do just that OP.

On the pizza stone for a minute, toppings and all. Then leave to cool & freeze for a rainy day. Cook from frozen, nom nom nom.

tinybits
    Free Member

Oh, and top tip if you’re cooking on a stone – baking paper underneath the pizza with a dab of flour on means you can swap from one pizza to the next super quickly when rattling of a line of them

blastit
    Free Member

If making in advance can I make them fully or will it lead to soggy bottom

sandwicheater

We’ve never had soggy bottoms (snigger). I propose a pizza feast trial and error session. Any excuse for more pizza.

Tinybits, we tried that but found too much heat was lost from cooking the previous pizza. We had better success putting the stone back in the oven between pizzas, getting it back to temp. May be we have a crappy stone.

mcj78
    Free Member

Controversial to some but i’ve ditched the stone & won’t be going back – best advice anyone ever gave me (not just pizza related either), just pap the fresh base on a scorching hot big-old heavy frying pan for a minute or two (gas hob is your friend here) chuck toppings on then finish under a bollock searing hot grill for a couple of more minutes – ta-daaa!

All you need to do is give the pan a quick wipe with a lightly oiled bit of kitchen roll between pizzas and you’re rocking. I was a cynic at first but it works, believe me – a big old heavy cast iron pan on a gas hob at full pelt will get hotter than your oven ever will.

8)

leffeboy

Yep, but it would be death for me if I could only get one pizza at a time out to my family. I can get 4 tiles at the same time into my oven cranked up to 220 which is easily hot enough

Goes back to drinking beer and making pizza…

ourmaninthenorth

Buy Uuni pizza oven. Cook pizzas faster than they can top the bases – 90 seconds usually.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What leffeboy said.

chewkw
    Free Member

Sprinkle some of those magic dust MSG on your pizza to make it taste even better. Try it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Homemade Party Pizza cooking options’ is closed to new replies.