Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • homemade energy drink
  • parf
    Free Member

tried out a homemade energy drink using lloyds chemist glucose+vitamin c powder with lidls sparkling spring water. works out about 60p for 3 litres tastes great works great, bargain!

cynic-al
    Free Member

diluted juice and salt also…

porlus
    Free Member

Yup, diluted juice. Some salt and a dash of honey. Instant simple carbs for energy boost (honey) and isotonic anti cramp magic (salt)

parf
    Free Member

glucose powder = energy, spring water contains sodium and other electrolytes no need for juice, maybe just a very small amount of extra salt.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Bag of crisps and a can of coke halfway round?? 🙂

porlus
    Free Member

Large snickers and can of coke. Saw me good for the last 20 miles of a 105 mile road ride after I was starting to see stars. One hour to do the 20 as well lol.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My brother tried this once – orange cordial and Boots glucose powder. This was about 15 years ago and I still vividly recall him doubled-over puking everywhere 🙂

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

High5 and diamond white

TheBrick
    Free Member

add some caffeine into the recipe for a little pick me up.

messiah
    Free Member

Old roady trick was mix in some cornflour as it’s a more complex carb than glucose so you don’t get the energy high/low… just a long slow burn.

Just don’t make it too thick or you’ll get stomach cramps… :mrgreen:

Or make it really thick so you can ride over it…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ewwwwwwwww, Why not just do it properly, it works out cheeper than diluted orange juice!

2:1 maltodextrin:fructose from myprotein, mix that 4:1 with unflavoured whey if you like the high5 4:1 stuff, and add in some of the electolyte powder as well. Flavour with whatever squash you have lying arround. for caffine add some green tea extract powder or grind up some pro plus.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘homemade energy drink’ is closed to new replies.