Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Homegrown Electricity
  • teasel
    Free Member

🙂

Absolutely no smugness here.

Edukator
    Free Member

Glad you appreciate the irony. 🙂

My statement that hardly any new builds are passive is true, that most people aren’t prepared to pay the extra is also true. If yours is to be passive it will be one of a handful in the country. Tell us more:

Do you reckon it’s better to use triple-glazed windows all round at your latitude or is there enough solar gain to make double glazing a better option on the south side?

What sort of insulation are you going to use: organic materials, recycled materials, the cheapest, high-tech insulators or… ?

Will you be using heat recovery from both ventilation and waste water?

Is the roof designed so it maximises solar gain in Winter and limits it in summer or/and will you be using shutters?

teasel
    Free Member

Tell us me more

Uh…no.

I believe your interest is disingenuous to say the least and if I’d have wanted to have an internet discussion about the build I would’ve titled the thread accordingly. Some may consider me somewhat remiss for not seeking your opinion on things like insulation but I’m quite happy with the info available elsewhere.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrNutt
    Free Member

How’s the view from your house? Do you have a neighbour less than 130m from the most exposed part of your site? If you can answer “good” and “no” drop me a line.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Homegrown Electricity’ is closed to new replies.