Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Homebrew please recomend me some kits
  • saladdodger
    Free Member

I have the bug.

I have tried the Muntons Connisour range of bitters and I like, any othere recomendations

As for wine we have done quite a few Beaverdale kits and oh boy they are so goooood, next we will try a 7 day kit again any recomendations

Hic 😈

bassspine
    Free Member

I've tried a few pricy ones and a few cheap ones. The expensive ones cost more, don't seem any better really. I did try an alcoholic ginger beer kit last summer: it was excellent, made by Coopers.

allthepies
    Free Member

Coopers kits are excellent and Brupaks are good also.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    snaps
    Free Member

Boots cookshop own brand used to be good but I've not used them for 4 or 5 years.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Bassspine

Funny old thing I have a Coopers ginger beer on the go as we speak and it will be bottled tomorrow

Ta for the thumbs up

Haze

Coopers Brewmaster IPA always turn out alright.

Also the Brewferm abbey stuff.

stylish
    Free Member

Woodfordes kits are good, but then again so is there beer………and the food at the brewery pub next door……and the tour of the place including tasting, need i go on……

allthepies
    Free Member

>Boots cookshop own brand used to be good but I've not used them for 4 or 5 years.

Boots pulled out of the homebrew market yrs ago.

GrahamA
    Free Member

I strongly recommend brupaks they do a range of 20l kits which are the size that most other companies do but they also do smaller 10l kits under the BruBox brand (Scroll down for a list of beers). The BruBox kits are intended for brewing in their polythene cube 'kit' but you can make the kit using a normal fermentation bucket which is what I'd recomend as a first go if you haven't made home brew before.

The most important part of the process is cleaning and sterilization

bassspine
    Free Member

Saladdodger; the ginger beer one is one of the few I've done more than once 😀 enjoy

I found a recipe recently for Honey Botchard, which I made about a decade ago – it uses a pound and a half of honey and an ounce of hops per gallon, and produces an almost lagery slightly bitter result. I do remember feeling perfectly sober but being unable to stand up after three pints…. Going to make some in the spring 😛

saladdodger
    Free Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Honey Botchard

Now bearing in mind I do have my own bee hives, it may be trouble but hey ho 😈

bassspine
    Free Member

1 oz hops, 1 1/4 lbs honey, 1 gallon of water. bring water to a boil. Add honey and hops. Boil for 30 minutes. Strain. let it cool add yeast, ferment, bottle when it slows down…

bigbloke
    Free Member

How easy is the whole process of home brewing. Quite fancy having a on a budget , what sort of outlay should i expect?

saladdodger
    Free Member

Piece of pea honest

First brew should be on the go for £35 for all the kit you need ( excluding botttles) and that will give you about 40 pints

firestarter
    Free Member

i wanted to try a kreik belgian beer as i cant find belle vue any more in uk anyone tried that as a homebrew

bigbloke
    Free Member

What bottles do folks use, glass or the PET ones?

Salad dodger…..what list of kit is needed?

bassspine
    Free Member

I found 20 grolsch bottles in the local recycling centre, which I use for special occasions, and use plastic fizzy bottles for lazy days

saladdodger
    Free Member

A 5 galon brew bucket ( food grade plastic)
    Hydrometer
    stiring spoon
    thermometer
    syphon
    STERILISER ( this cannot be emphasised enough)

I use a pressure barrel but PET bottles are ok

bigbloke
    Free Member

Any good sites that are reliable to purchase the above?

saladdodger
    Free Member

Ok time to come clean I have used you lads for a bit of info on good kits, because I have just started a market stall in Tiverton selling homebrew.

Bigbloke not on line yet sorry, try a good local independant healthfood shop would be your best bet. Homebrew is infectious and well worth it give it a go

bassspine
    Free Member

you sneaky wossname!

I'm not far from you (Exeterish) Which market/ when are you there?

allthepies
    Free Member

Find a good local homebrew shop, failing that Wilkos sell homebrew gear and flog the Woodfordes Wherry kit at around £15 which is the cheapest price you'll find anywhere.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Not sneeky er I call it research

I do the pannier market at Tiverton on saturdays ( shame realy cos it keeps me off the Q's) but there is a goal we are aiming for 😉 clue is in my profile

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Homebrew please recomend me some kits’ is closed to new replies.