Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Home weight training without a bench?!
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Hi

So, I have loads of weights, dumbell and barbell er bars but haven’t done any weights for about 5 years.

As I don’t have a bench I used to really struggle to exercise my pecs (moobs).

Can anyone suggest a routine to get me back into it gently but also one that will exercise my moobs without a bench?

I don’t have a lot of free time so am wondering what the minimum duration and period of sessions would be? I’d like to get stronger and also more toned but am not that worried about getting huge (15 stone already).

Many thanks

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Press ups my man

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Yes I can do one press up.

How often should I do it? 😀

bantasanta
    Free Member

If you’re worried about moobs, I’d suggest doing some CV work and calorie control before doing localised weight training.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Archer press ups. Superman’s. Feet up on something. Weighted vest

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Ok, so for info – I’m about a stone or a bit more over my ideal weight. I don’t really have moobs as such but appreciate I need to combine weights with some cardio (strangely I can run 3/4 miles ok so cardio fitness ok ish).

So, in simple terms what sort of session could I do combining my weights with potentially the dreaded press ups?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Footflaps will be along in a minute . Start light , three times a week , squats , deadlifts, press ups , military press . Start with 3 x 10 of each then In a month up the weight and buy a bench I reckon . Do all this quickly with minimal rest and you’ll be doing a CV work out too. 45 mins max . 3×10 won’t lead to you getting huge. Keep riding and it’ll happen (moob destruction)

km79
    Free Member

Lie down on the floor and you can do dumbbell presses and flyes. You do not need a bench.

If you cant do full pushups start with knee pushups and work your way up.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I bought some weights / bench a while back to do some strength work at home. Soon found out that I couldn’t do squats (whatever muscles you’re targeting you MUST do squats!) safely without a rack so joined a gym. It’s £20 pcm and they have all the free weights you could ever need. I also prefer going to the gym rather than doing weights at home – much more focused ‘get it done’ and come home, whereas at home I would get distracted. (compared to riding bikes I don’t ‘like’ lifting weights)

The bench / weights will be going on eBay this month 😉

YMMV etc. 🙂

sadexpunk

thekingisdead, where do you live and how much you selling for? ill be needing some more gear shortly so im interested if its viable.

cheers

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Leicestershire. No idea on price. I’ve got a fairly lightweight bench and a few KG of cast iron weights.
    I can get more detail if you wish.

tish
    Free Member

If you google “barbell floor press” that will give you some ideas, or as said earlier you can do it with dumbells.

schmiken

thekingisdead – I’m also interested and in Leicestershire! (Near Loughborough). If safe punk doesn’t have them I probably will 🙂

silverneedle
    Free Member

Resistance bands/loops?

Fish oil
    http://www.gizmag.com/fish-oil-fat-cells/40999/

fd3chris
    Free Member

I use bands in my cage when pressing they work well.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Try trx??

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Schmiken – I’ll try and email you pics / details of what I have this weekend.
    Also nr L’boro

footflaps

Lie down on the floor and you can do dumbbell presses and flyes.

Look up Turkish Get Up – can use a Kettlebell or Dumbbell, really good all round exercise.

schmiken

Super, email should be in profile!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Google training at home with Dumbbells etc.

Do push ups with Dumbbells and the same lying on your back with a bar bell.

Sort your diet out.

I had soup tonight; delicious!

tinribz
    Free Member

Dips are supposed to be one of the better chest exercises.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I used to try to do chest presses lying on my back but couldn’t get my elbows back far enough to feel like it did anything.

flashpaul
    Free Member

Try this

jimster01

Try trx??

There other types of suspension trainer’s available, but you can get an all over workout using one – atomic push-ups spring to mind.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Home weight training without a bench?!’ is closed to new replies.