Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Home Studio types – cheap closed back headphones?
  • brassneck

I know there are a few people on here doing a bit of recording – I’m putting together a little scratch pad rig to record vocals, guitars,bass over some drum samples or click – whats out there to listen to the tracks and play along? Using a Presonus 2 in 2 out with its own monitor output.
    I’m seeing a Sennheiser / Sony face of for around a hundred, but wanted to pay under half that if possible to still get something OK (OK is fine for now).
    Any other options you’re using?

bigjim

I have the ‘classic’ cheap AKG ones, which I think might be the K240, but they might not be closed enough for recording. They’re certainly closed enough to make your ears melt!

AdamT

AKG ATH-M20x here. They’re about £45. I don’t have much to compare with, but did used to work in Pro audio and they sound ok to me.

colournoise

I like Audio-Technica. Something like the ATH-M20X should do the job at that price point.

AdamT

Obviously I meant audio technica…. Not akg

brassneck

Nice one Adam T & colournoise, shall look into those.

ThePinkster

The original studio standard and in my mind still the best –
    Beyer DT100

cynic-al
    Free Member

I tried a number of closed back phones around a year ago and settled on some SH Sennheiser HD25s for £50 off ebay – I preferred the sound to various others with RRPs up to £300

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Home Studio types – cheap closed back headphones?’ is closed to new replies.