Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Home printer?
  • wors

Where ink doesn’t cost another mortgage? Rather pay more for a printer if it means ink isn’t a premium.

Used mainly for Juniors Homework

Murray

Epson WF2750
    with knock off ink from OfficeWorld

(obviously what I’ve got, works fine)

woody2000

HP instant ink is great, doesn’t have to cost the earth if you’re only printing a few pages. We’ve got an HP Envy of some description (was about £40), ink subscription is £1.99 a month for 50 pages/£3.49 a month for 100. Printer is connected to the web and orders the ink for you when it’s running out.

nickjb
    Free Member

Laser. Toner lasts ages. About £40 for black and white if you can live with that. £100 or so for colour. The toner it comes with will last a year or two. Doesn’t dry out if you don’t use it

Cougar

What he said.

Can’t junior print homework at school?

davosaurusrex

With budget cuts teachers can barely get their printing done at school, never mind the pupils.

prettygreenparrot

If it’s regular printing (not photos) then consider getting a colour laser printer. Initial outlay can be more than an inkjet. And toner cartridges can feel expensive. But the joy is you’re not always running out of toner. whereas I cannot say the same for my inkjet experiences.

A few years back I got a Dell laser printer when I saw one in Tesco. It replaced a behemoth of an HP colour laser printer I’d had since having a Gateway 486SX PC.

It’s one of these. Pretty sure it cost me less than that in Tesco. The toner cartridges are small but are also cheap and seem to last a while.

kelron
    Free Member

Yeah go for a black and white laser printer. Unless you’re regularly printing photos etc you’re better off going to a print shop or ordering online when you want something in colour.

allthepies
    Free Member

If inkjet then the Epson WF up there ^^^ is good and the knockoff ink is cheap and works well.

Above, I’d go for a laser printer though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Home printer?’ is closed to new replies.