Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Online Photo Printing
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

As there’s already a thread about printers I thought I’d change this one, what online photo printing services do / have you used? How expensive are they and are they any good?

Thanks and Sorry again for the stupid duplicate thread.

GrahamS

First up, have you looked at online photo services?

Good quality prints, often with next day delivery, without cluttering up the house with a printer or shelling out ridiculous amounts for ink.

Failing that, look at the other thread about printers 😀

cp

I use online print services (cheaper, better in the long run etc..) except for one offs and urgent stuff where i use the canon. see other thread.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I didnt see the other thread – sorry (now I feel proper stupid!)

cheers_drive

Unless you've got a good colour management stytem I would go order prints off of the web.
    I have a monitor calibrator and a fairly decent printer but it gets nowhere near the quality and reproduction of ordering from an online service.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

The Gadget Show did a mega test half a dozen or so shows ago on this very subject.
    Check out Demand 5 on their site.

takisawa2

My brother is into photography. Has a stupidly expensive printer, that has 3 shades of black or something. And he's got the kit for calibrating his screen etc.
    He reckons the prints from foto.com are absolutely top notch, better than he can do.

tomzo
    Free Member

aldiphotos are very good value for money. Not been disappointed with print quality and have ordered photos up on A2-A1 size. Very impressed.

Makes the running costs of a good quality photo printer a bit silly really.

stumpy01

I've always been happy with the output from Photobox.

GrahamS

Photobox seconded.

cp

photobox thirded

5thElefant
    Free Member

Funny, usually you get a flurry of people saying avoid photobox. I use foto.com.

GrahamS

Funny, usually you get a flurry of people saying avoid photobox.

Really?

Never heard a bad word about them. And they got a good mark on that Gadget Show round up too.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Really?

Yep. I've never ordered prints from them myself, just photobooks, which fell apart instantly. So I've never been back. Could well be the other comments I've read have been from photobook rather than print customers.

GrahamS

Could be. Never tried them for photobooks, just straight prints.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Online Photo Printing’ is closed to new replies.