Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Home (office) phone question
  • z1ppy

G/f has started her own business & working part time, and has a office upstairs, our phone line is downstairs. The part time work is phone based, so we need to get a phone upstairs but would ‘prefer’ not to run a cable (could do it if pushed but… as it would be arse and ugly).
    A cordless phone would do the job, but as it’s phone based assessments I think she should be using a headset to help her take notes.

Simply, do cordless phones have jack points for headset, and would they last all day battery wise? Or is there a way to repeat the phone signal wirelessly to 2nd handset that a headset could be plugged into?
    Or is there simpler solutions I’ve not thought of?

geoffj

Skype out could be worth a look.

You could also record the conversations with Skype too, if that was of interest.

boblo
    Free Member

Yes
    Probably not

Our second DECT phone has a base station for charging only. Both handsets have headset sockets and the phones were supplied with headsets. When on the phone all day, I leave the handset in the base unit and that keeps it charged.

wwaswas

a lot of phones have headset sockets on them now and most multi-handset systems now are all wireless to a single base station that plugs into the master socket.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

do cordless phones have jack points for headset

Yep, Panasonic KX-TCA150EM sat next to me has a input for a headset.

and would they last all day battery wise?

As the upstairs phone is the second handset It sits in a powered cradle all day long (except when making or receiving calls) so battery life wouldn’t be an issue. The primary handset is connected to phone line which is downstairs. Secondary phone is not directly connected to a phone line.

z1ppy

good stuff, many thanks for the confirmation, any recommendation for cordless phones?

Obviously I have the Panasonic above, BT’s seem to get slagged, & Siemens seem to get good reviews?

geoffj

I thought BT phones were made by siemens?

z1ppy

that always the a worry…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

When we bought our (10 years ago) I looked into it a bit and panasonic did seem well regarded. Ours have been faultless in that time, just carries on doing what it’s supposed to do day in day out.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Home (office) phone question’ is closed to new replies.