Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Home Insurance With Bike Cover Who Do You Use
  • dustytrails

Having had my bikes nicked & finding out we should have read the small print a bit better (max £500 per bike) We need to sort this one out properly – Anyone recommend an insurance co. who will cover high value bikes.
    Cheers

mrsflash
    Free Member

M&S
    NFU
    ING

are all good I believe. We are with M&S.

dustytrails

MMM I’ve heard that M&S are good

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Another vote for M&S here..

london_lady
    Free Member

M&S – it isn’t specific bike cover but insures any item up to a value of £4000 – anything more than this you will have to declare. Have only claimed once with M&S but had good service from them when I did.

Drac

M&S

jond
    Free Member

I actually use M&S (bizarrely having to take out a new *cheaper* policy online rather than renewing the old one !), but try Waitrose, the cover’s not too dissimilar but isn’t as comprehensive in non-bike related areas iirc (and is a bit cheaper).

squarewheels
    Free Member

I’m with M&S. Yes, good bike value cover but don’t forget insurance isn’t just about the bikes…..

No experience of claiming for bikes but be warned that they are (IME) rubbish at managing claims process and the actual remedial work. Claimed for an extensive repair job on leak/ plumbing. They proudly boast in their literature about how ‘ you just sit back and let us do all the work’. Couldn’t be further from the truth – their nominated loss adjuster and ‘management’ company were utterly useless and nothing ever happened unless we made loads of calls. In the end the work only got done because the builder happened to called us wandering if we knew what was happening – he started the next week.

M&S washed their hands of EVERYTHING and said it was all down to the management company. We’re still owed some money but stoped trying after about 6 months. They just lied time and time again saying that they’ve just processed it and it would be with is in 3 working days.

Needless to say they won’t be getting repeat business….

dustytrails

Yes M&S sounding good ’till i read squarewheels’ comments. Who was the management firm who dealt with it?

Bimbler
    Free Member

Greenbee (John Lewis, but in reality AXA). Hiscox if you’re minted.

dustytrails

Oh no not minted i’m affraid

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Home Insurance With Bike Cover Who Do You Use’ is closed to new replies.