• This topic has 26 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Marin.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Home insurance that covers bikes?
  • T-BOMB
    Free Member

Need to renew my home insurance but want to cover my bikes as well.

Any recommendations?

Cheers

Harry_the_Spider

Mine are covered through Admiral.

We live in an old house so a lot of companies won’t touch us.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Try PedalCover.

scotroutes

Try NFU

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

+1 for pedal cover. I found them genuinely nice to deal with rather than a chore rates were good and the cover spot on for what I wanted.

hammyuk
    Free Member

AA – been discussed lots recently

ski78

Use Pedal-cover here too.

Excellent service, lots of time for you on the phone to explain everything and genuine cyclists that understand that a bike can cost more than £1k.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

I’m with Axa for House and bikes, sadly we had a large claim & they paid out no worries as we provided receipts pictures crime ref number etc.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I just got a brilliant deal with the AA for buildings and contents with a bike (itemised) too.

IHN

Axa, via Fresh Insurance (brokers)

bigmick25
    Free Member

Another vote for Pedalcover, the most appropriate cover for both my house and bikes and nice people to deal with.

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

I recently switched to Hastings. Bikes are covered on their policy. No experience of a claim.

1timmy1
    Free Member

Got mine under esure, seem OK but not had to claim so don’t know what they are like when you do.

steve_b77
    Free Member

AA is great, if you go for their plus service you’re covered upto £5k per high value item without even declaring what they are and it also exceeds the £3k per claim for theft from out buildings and sheds limit on the basic policy.

Also covers for theft and damage out of the hole too.

colournoise

John Lewis.

timber

John Lewis also, think they use the same under writer as AXA (and that M&S used to).
    Not had to claim, so can’t say how efficient, but easy to add high value, non-standard builds.

GolfChick
    Free Member

PedalCover

crapjumper
    Free Member

Pedalcover

peteimpreza

John Lewis Bespoked , phone them up and discuss you particular requirements .

iain1775
    Free Member

Pedalcover here, second year running, I made a claim last year for a damaged phone that was dealt with very efficiently and easily
    Not heard of anyone having had to make a claim for a bike yet though, be interesting to see if all the promises hold up

Whoever you go with though worth looking into the old excess insurance ‘trick’ that Darren at Pedalcover taught me – take a bigger excess on main policy to massively reduce the premium and take out a 2nd excess insurance policy to cover that excess
    This cost me £49 for the 2nd policy but saved nearly £200 on the main policy; it’s a bit more hassle should you have to claim but worth it for the saving against the likelihood of a claim imo

psycorp
    Free Member

Just renewed through Hastings with AXA. Cover for bikes is good and pretty cheap for my area.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

well i work for one of the companies already mentioned, and i have mine covered by us too. also not had to claim, but i know that when people do, it seems to be pretty painless, so there’s that. not gonna say who though!

psycorp
    Free Member

^^^^^^^^^^^

Tease!

egb81
    Free Member

Another vote for the AA. Itemised bikes over £1000 and good policy wording (can’t remember the specifics but it was favourable if the worst should happen). I had to speak to them on the phone to get a quote but it was so cheap that I had to ask if I’d heard it correctly and asked the guy to clarify the full details again.

jwh
    Free Member

Due to this post – Just taken out insurance with PedalCover.
    Cost a bit more – but hopefully should i ever use it – i’d not be left out of pocket… ( however i don’t wish to find out first hand)

mickyg
    Free Member

Hi, i infrequently post here, but was very impressed by Darren & Hugh at Pedalcover, we’ve taken out cover with them after numerous years with Esure. Great service, easy to deal with and the buidings & contents cover, plus bikes is very competitive too. Nice one. I am not related nor do I work for them, just quietly and genuinely pleased with their attitude and service 🙂

Marin
    Free Member

Barclay’s for mine, bikes are itemised and cover is world wide. Pretty reasonable thought not sure if you need an account with them as Mrs sorted out the details.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Home insurance that covers bikes?’ is closed to new replies.