Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Home insurance renewal time
  • Simon

Home insurance renewal is looming, who’s giving good bike cover at the moment?
    Don’t really want to specify all the bikes if possible.

squaremonkey
    Free Member

LV

medoramas
    Free Member

I’ve been using Budget Insurance. Had two claims for stolen bikes in the past – both dealt with no problems. They even allowed to deduct the excess from the valuation when I requested.

The only “catch” – every year they send me renewal letter with that “super price premium”, which is about 5 times more than before! So I cancel the insurance with them every year, just to get a new one on-line 5 minutes later for a fraction of the price… 8)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that one bike theft happened outside home – I was still covered.

smurf
    Free Member

Interested in the recommendations as well…

wilburt
    Free Member

I would check the terms closely, there is a trend recently for insurers to tighten up exclusion on bike cover due to the increase in garages with 2k plus bikes on the wall.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Yep, went with Hastings this year and they have tightened up a lot. Had to specify the bikes worth (anything over 1000) – lots of rules regarding how they are kept at home and out and about. Basically if you don’t have terminator sat next to them they’re not going to give you a like for like replacement.

Nobby

LV won’t cover bikes over £2k

Flaperon

Zurich this year. I needed to specify the bike and provide the replacement cost, but still cheaper than nearly everywhere else.

Painey
    Free Member

Co Op were good for me. Cover bikes up to £2.5k and recommended by a friend.

Don’t go with Direct Line whatever you do.

gee
    Free Member

John Lewis

Simon

Any more suggestions?

goyawave
    Free Member

AA. 3rd year with them. They changed insurer and has resulted in a much better product this time round?

doodlebug
    Free Member

+1 for AA, Got 3 x named bikes and very happy with quote.

goyawave
    Free Member

Ignore the question mark…!

TinMan
    Free Member

Aviva, unspecified numbers of bikes, up to £3.5k, in garage, with away from home to. Sorted.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Pedalcover. Down from £600 with M&S to £240 no problem with a couple of £4.5k bikes

IHN

Fresh insurance

matt_outandabout

Just to check in on who does European cover for bikes on car / on holiday…
    Also, who may also insure a canoe, as current people won’t insure any of my boats, despite covering a mates…

Simon

Thanks, I’ll check out Pedalcover and AA.

grobin13
    Free Member

Avoid protect your bubble. I had my Santa Cruz Bronson stolen last week and it is clear they are teeing up to get out of paying, despite it being locked in a secure garage by a Kryptonite gold standard lock to a concreted floor anchor. They cut the floor anchor out with an angle grinder… Not much more I could have done to secure it. They get loads of bad reviews…

Suggsey
    Free Member

Aviva for me too…. £3.5k for the full suss and the others covered under their standard £2k per bike. There always limitations in all the small print but I work on the basis with my bikes as I would with a pile of the equivalent pound notes in value…..lock it to whatever I can when I can or it stays under my arse or with a minder!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Home insurance renewal time’ is closed to new replies.