Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Home insurance
  • bruk

Looking at this again as moving house, know that m&s is now underwritten by axa and lots of bad reviews, it is slightly complicated by new property being gradeII listed as well.

Anybody recommend a good company?

althepal

II was with the AA who were quite competative last year.. Had my £3k bike and similar engagement ring on the policy. No claims, change in Circs etc- renewal was £200 more. Fek that. Best they could do was knock about £70 off the total amount.
    Went with M and S who were about a pound a month more expensive than we were paying before…
    Not many cos left that will take on bikes worth more than £1k..

Flaperon

Nationwide gave me a good price, after asking about bikes they’re covered automatically at home but not or accidental or theft when away.

Flaperon

Edit: Up to £2000.

Ewan
    Free Member

Try NFU. If you’ve pricy bikes they’ll need to go to their brokers to get the price but they ended being cheaper than m&s used to be. Also covered away from home etc etc.

Need to do it on the phone tho :-/

bruk

Have requested call back from NFU already and contacted Adrian Flux as well. Going on moneysupermarket it seems lots wont cover initialy due to listed building status.

Was interested to see how people had got on claiming from likes of M&S now they are underwritten by AXA.

blurty

I had to make a claim on an M&S/ AXA home insurance policy earlier this year. They were really excellent, as were the loss adjucters they appointed, Cunningham Lindsey.

I renewed with them.

I hadn’t heard that they had a bad rep?

bruk

to be fair, googling all insurance companies just seem to comes up with a list of people complaining.

Moneysupermarket review had 1 star for AXA though with quite a few reviews.

Getting a few ring back now and the smaller companies do seem more competitive.

blurty

All I’ll say is that as part of the burglary my car got nicked as well. the low-cost insurers I had the car insured with were a real pain to deal with. Maybe M&S just seemed so good in comparison

joao3v16
    Free Member

Was interested to see how people had got on claiming from likes of M&S now they are underwritten by AXA

Had to claim on my M&S insurance 3 months ago after a break-in & bike theft.

Once the police had done their stuff, one phone call to M&S, a few simple questions, gave them the police crime number.

Locksmith arrived a few hours later to change locks.
    Wheelies phoned within an hour to discusss the bike replacement claim.

Couple of days later, Wheelies submitted claim to M&S who authorised the anmount with no question.

Bike was ordered, I paid the £100 excess.

Bish bash bosh .. all sorted! 😀 I have no complaints about M&S or AXA from my experience.

(Note: I am on the ‘old'(er) M&S policy that covers bikes up to £4000)

joao3v16
    Free Member

googling all insurance companies just seem to comes up with a list of people complaining

Most people are far more motivated to write a complaint than praise.

Also, we’re British. Complaining is what we do.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Home insurance’ is closed to new replies.