Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Home hobbies. Recommendations
  • Mooly
    Free Member

Hey.
    So when not biking and spending the evening in what hobbies do people have?

crikey
    Free Member

I make mittens for mice from cat hair.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Making stuff and fixing stuff.

Currently going through a wood work phase, I’m not very good but at least its easy to see progression when you’re shit!

That and masturbating.

piemonster

masturbating

Plus one

MoreCashThanDash

Woodwork and masturbating? Watch out for splinters!

jekkyl

Yeah vvanking’s good.

rossi46
    Free Member

😆

project
    Free Member

Woodwork and masturbating? Watch out for splinters!

So thats where the saying “Got Wood” comes from then , theyre also both DIY intrests.

rossi46
    Free Member

Tying flies for Pike fishing.

Like this:

john_drummer
    Free Member

music

making beer (from scratch) & wine (from kits and, with blackberries, from scratch)

plastic model kits

reading SF/Fantasy

and a bit of Television

and of course, STW

kayak23

How about writing the bible out on to grains of rice?

Mooly
    Free Member

Great.

rossi46
    Free Member

Lego

RustySpanner

rossi46 – Member

Lego

Ahem, me too. 😐

Just made this:
    http://media.mightyape.net.nz/images/products/19757657/LEGO-Lord-of-the-Rings-The-Orc-Forge-9476-14215400-5.jpeg
    It’s ace 😀

samuri
    Free Member

Working, messing about on a computer, lot of reading, dog walking, XBOX and quite a bit of drawing.

Sir Anthony Hopkins by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

Mintman
    Free Member

I recently dug my scalextric out of the loft. I’ve spent the last few nights erecting it in my room and playing with myself.

cloudnine
    Free Member

3 kids under 4 years old… A rather time consuming hobby.
    Before 6am or after 7pm I go surfing or mtbing if not already exhausted.
    Wish I had time for hobbies.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

samurai: wow!

I play the classic/acoustic guitar badly, and moan along to songs.

Board games with friends

A little PlayStation when in the mood.

Northwind

Some days it seems like I spend 90% of my time playing computer games. The rest I waste.

pingu66
    Free Member

WOW Samurai

Do you do commissions!

samuri
    Free Member

Yep, email me if you’re interested and we can talk about details.
    samur2@hotmail.com

unklehomered
    Free Member

Garden, Trailbuilding, Model Railways (inparticular fixing up old locos), buggering about with computers.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

+1 home brew – great way to spend your time and money!

Received the homebrew kit for xmas. Current batch cost me 37.5p per pint

RustySpanner

unklehomered – Member

Garden, Trailbuilding, Model Railways (inparticular fixing up old locos), buggering about with computers.

Tell me about the railways.

Currently have a huge amount of 80’s Hornby gear doing nowt (not the really collectable stuff, sadly) – planning on a layout based on shelving attatched to the inside of the garage walls.

Any inspiration welcome.

brakes
    Free Member

accumulating bicycle parts for bikes I will either never build or never ride.
    it’s becoming a lazy obsession.

I make bobble hats for rats from dog whiskers.
    We should go into business.

fasthaggis

If you haven’t already ,you need to discover….

The Joy of Sheds

It’s like time travel ..Shed 10 minutes = 3hours real time 🙂

willard

Home? I do a fair bit of shooting, mostly target stuff, but that’s hardly a home hobby, so I guess the major thing I do these days is re scifi and berate myself for not getting on with finishing either the novel or the two short stories that I started writing a while ago.

I also garden.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I do a bit of sewing

and dabble in fabric design

klumpy
    Free Member

Currently have a huge amount of 80’s Hornby gear doing nowt (not the really collectable stuff, sadly) – planning on a layout based on shelving attatched to the inside of the garage walls.

Any inspiration welcome.

Steampunk multi-storey buildings on the wall served by suspended tracks, all inhabitaed by a motley collection of space marines, WWII GIs, and daleks.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Tell me about the railways.

I’d look about the internet for inspiration, there’s a number of things you want to consider, realism vs cramming lots of track in, do you enjoy shunting, shuffling operations or just setting things going round and round. If the former look into Shunting Puzzles, these are very compact forms of layout which are rewarding if you’ve well maintained locos that move slowly with ease, and can be tacked onto a larger layout as well or used as standalone. There are a number of pretty good model rail forums with many pictures of different layouts worth perusing, some get a bit STWish, some are quieter but cosier. If using 80s Hornby stock, a form of which is still available under the brandname ‘RailRoad’ disregard the temptation to get into digital… you can always convert later, but its the equivelnt of going 11sp big cumulative cost, and for a small garage wall layout, not really necassary. Also don’t look at the newer bachmann stuff, the detail will blow your mind and you’ll end up spending loads, I speak from experience!

But it sounds like an end to end, with singletrack weaving nicely along some scenery with a few sidings at the end for shunting could be easily* doable.

*not as easily as you’d probably like to think, it would be a commitment. Also if unused for a long time a strip and clean would be advised to protect against burning the motors out, I’ve seen this happen to mates’ stock.

globalti
    Free Member

I do household chores like cleaning, ironing just the collars of my shirts when I’ve run out of clean ones, cutting the grass, washing up the supper stuff and tinkering with bikes. Am planning to get some more sort stories written.

sharkbait
    Free Member

me? this…

+ other bits and pieces like programming a Raspberry Pi.

RustySpanner

It’s one of these:

but in much better nick.

Plus a Mallard, Lima Deltic, Mainline Warship, GWR Railcar, loads and loads of MK1 coaches in various liveries and ooooh, much, much more.

Track needs a clean.

The Warship has a ticking motor. 🙁

Steampunk multi-storey buildings on the wall served by suspended tracks, all inhabitaed by a motley collection of space marines, WWII GIs, and daleks.

I chucked all the GW BloodBowl and SpaceHulk stuff out recently, before checking the eBay prices.
    Not a happy sausage.

samuri
    Free Member

Excellent stuff.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sailing is hardly an indoor hobby!

I watch binners. Assiduously.

avdave2

Excellent stuff.

Indeed and I love the hippo cake. I’ll be showing my youngest daughter your site later, she loves sewing and I’m pretty sure she’ll love the cake as well.

unklehomered
    Free Member

WoW! Oh its warship, if its tender drive it may well be dirty, need new springs and bushes, if you do open it up, worth replacing 3pole armiture with a 5 pole one, difference is amazing.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Board Games & Baking for me

The latter has the advantage of being dirt cheap and leaving you with something to show for it.

Northwind

I accepted a few years ago that there’s going to be an epic model railway layout in my future. Now it’s just a case of resisting for as long as possible.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Sailing is hardly an indoor hobby!

Ahh….hmmmm. Didn’t see that bit 😳

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Home hobbies. Recommendations’ is closed to new replies.