• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Home & Contents Insurance renewal – advice sought
  • a11y

Who are the good companies with decent contents cover for multiple bikes of decent value?

Struggling to find buildings and contents cover inc the bikes. REALLY struggling. Had an ‘escape of water’ claim (detached water pipe causing small flood) in May 2016 totalling – we estimate – £10k and our current insurer won’t provide us with a buildings & contents renewal. They previously provided a good level of bike cover and we’ve been with them a few years since M&S reduced their cover level for bikes.

Current insurer’s also ignoring requests from me for the claim details which is preventing us getting quotes from anyone else, as every company I’ve tried so far requests the total claim value. I don’t even know if the claim is the reason for the non-quoting as all their e-mail said was “we’ve chosen not to invite you to renew your home insurance this year as you no longer meet our underwriting criteria.”

Spoken to Pedalcover who suggest splitting contents from building policies as we’ve got 14 years no-claims for contents, but the big buildings claim will seriously restrict us for buildings cover. Unsure if that’s wise or not but willing to try anything as we’ll be uninsured in 2 weeks’ time at this rate…

Any advice or suggestions very much welcomed.
    Cheers.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Home & Contents Insurance renewal – advice sought’ is closed to new replies.