Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Home charging station?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone gone to the trouble of designing or otherwise creating a dedicated charging station for all their batteries or gadgets? Got any pics?

bearnecessities

Rorschach
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

How many gadgets do you have ? If i had enough to warrent building a charging station i think id cut down on my gadgets.

Rorschach
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol 🙂

How many gadgets?

Bike lights
    E readers
    Phones
    Tablet
    Chromebook
    Cameras
    Rechargeable cells eg AA, AAA etc

Of what should I get rid o Master?

5thElefant
    Free Member

I have a shelf in my office bookcase with about a dozen cables appearing through a hole in the side (it’s next to the 16 sockets on the wall). There is a usb hub involved too.

I just call it a shelf though, so I’m not sure it counts.

Stainypants

I use a couple of these

charger

cranberry
    Free Member

I use the Anker chargers as well. They seem well made and kick out plenty of power.

Keeping the associated cables neat, tidy and yet still easily to hand is a challenge though.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Molgrips – how do you wipe your arse? 🙄

bearnecessities

With a discharging station.

Drac

I think he has an electronic arse wiper.

tthew

You can buy wall sockets with USB slots in them now. I’m going to have a couple of these in the kitchen.

MoreCashThanDash

One of the national kitchen companies had an ad on telly after Xmas showing a multiple USB charging point that came up out of the worktop when needed. Looked a neat solution to me for when we get the kitchen done.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I suspect that he has had his ringpiece not only bleached, but permanently depilated and coated in a Graphene PTFE and Teflon hybrid, ensuring that nothing other than ghosters leave his hoop.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Almost all gadgets I need to charge these days are USB so I just use a multi socket USB charger. One mains socket, multiple USB. My current one is this. 1A sockets with one 2A. Like that one as it has a cable run to the mains and it can sit on a desk.

Note that many USB devices will slow charge at 0.5A from some chargers as they assume by default they are drawing power from a PC. You can get dongles that sit on the end of a USB cable that make them draw at a higher rate where possible.

Various things here including the fast charge dongle things, fast charge cables and multi USB chargers designed for fast charging etc. – http://www.portablepowersupplies.co.uk/

Though I find my Dell tablet needs the proper Dell charger to draw enough power for it to charge fast as standard 5V for USB isn’t enough even at 2A.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Sui
    Free Member

Bongos got it,

Wickes

molgrips
    Free Member

Molgrips – how do you wipe your arse?

Since you seem to struggle so often with the things I post, I’ll clarify. I know how to charge my devices, and I have plenty of ideas for all sorts of things. The thread is not asking for help to solve a problem with which I am struggling; I am simply wondering if anyone has done anything cool. If you haven’t, then don’t reply. It’s quite straightforward I feel.

I know you love to to take the piss for your own entertainment, so I will leave it there and wish you a happy evening.

geoffj

Anker 5 ports charger + tarty brown box from paper chase that has a ready made hole in the side for the anker kettle lead.
    Inside are dedicated iPhone cables and a couple of the multi cable jobs from pound land.
    Chuck gadgets in and put lid on. Job is jobbed.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Molgrips – how do you wipe your arse?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntvBa6u9ldY[/video]

Dibbs
    Free Member

I use the Anker chargers as well. They seem well made and kick out plenty of power.

+1

mikewsmith
    Free Member

All bar the bike lights are USB, I plug whatever needs charging into either the laptop, the desktop of a wall plug. If I need to charge 2 at once I use 2 plugs or cables.

Do you need to charge everything at once?

bazzer
    Free Member

I have a couple of Anker high power 5 port chargers too. They do work really well.

DrJ

I have the deluxe version of geoffj’s solution:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bluelounge-CableBox-White-Cable-Management/dp/B0019T0J9S

not what the OP was looking for, but it is useful for tidying up the mess by the TV (telly, DVD player, SKY box etc.)

Dibbs
    Free Member

All bar the bike lights are USB, I plug whatever needs charging into either the laptop, the desktop of a wall plug. If I need to charge 2 at once I use 2 plugs or cables.

Do you need to charge everything at once?

Three USB lights on my bike, 5 port USB charger in the garage, plug them in when I get home and they’re ready next time I go out, it’s not difficult.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Coiled USB cables really help keep stuff tidy.

stumpy01

I was gonna get some of those USB double sockets for behind our bedside tables for Kindle charging duties. But, from what I have read online they are always drawing current. Seems a bit rubbish if that’s the case; would be good to have a USB switch.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Home charging station?’ is closed to new replies.