Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • home build camperists. Heating/hot water
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

as i said in the first thread

anything worth having locally is snapped up by the breaker.

anything you can buy locally that the breaker hasnt already snaffled isnt worth having.

molgrips
    Free Member

Looked for a damp van?

This has all the bits, £300 and it’s not even damp.

You could fill your boots with that lot. Sink, plumbing, gas pipes/taps/joints, bog, upholstery foam (that’s not cheap) curtain rail, everything.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Lewes is a bit far to tow it home on a bunji- don’t have a tow bar. but point taken ill have a look for a damp van rather than scrap vans.

molgrips
    Free Member

There are *loads* of 2 berths around for cheap. eBay is a good place.

geoffj

Terry – I’m about to dispose of a 4 berth bailey caravan, which has had damp repaired – I’ve just bought a new one. Working hot water, electrics, stove, fridge, good upholstery etc. It would need collecting from near Perth or Aviemore but you I’m not looking for much for it.

photo storage

trail_rat
    Free Member

ill drop you an email geoff.

The wife will go nuts ive only just got rid of a shell of a car i was breaking off the back drive but hum ho. projects are projects.

geoffj

Cool – stw.geoffj@me.com

molgrips
    Free Member

Geoff that looks like ours, with the centre table and chest of drawers we don’t have….. Might be interested in those trail rat if you do cannibalise it.

geoffj

Its a 1995 Bailey Beachcomber. We’ve had it for 5 seasons and it’s the best £1,500 I’ve ever spent. It’s still water tight and comfortable, but the youngest is now too big for the top bunk, so the layout is no longer perfect.
    I’ve just bought a double axle 2009 swift somethingorother which has longer beds and a couple more home comforts. It stays on a seasonal pitch near Aviemore, so the size isn’t too much of a problem.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘home build camperists. Heating/hot water’ is closed to new replies.