Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Home brew help ( heaters)
  • saladdodger
    Free Member

Because I am as tight as a gnats chuff with my house heating I need a way of heating my homebrew fermentation buckets so I get lots of cheap booze 😉

Has anyone any experiance of heater mats / trays

allthepies
    Free Member

Shouldn't really need to heat it if kept indoors. 18 degC is a good fermentation temp which should be achievable indoors (fermentation will generate some heat). If a problem then Nottingham yeast is a real brute and will ferment away down to around 14 degC.

marcus
    Free Member

I am also tight and rarely use the heating. I always use a heater belt and put an old towel over the bucket. Brewa have always turned out well, _ Get it on quick for christmas !!

meeeee
    Free Member

heating belts always worked well for me, even in cold garages still got good brews

Spey-Stout
    Free Member

Agree RE Nottingham Ale dried yeast, tis good stuff. Lovely beer off it.

What temp you starting it at? if its less than 30, set it off a few degrees hotter and it'll work quicker. Then when it cools it won't have so much work left to do. 18 degrees is plenty and most the work'll be done in 5 days.

I have spare Nottingham ale yeast if you'd like to try it. I also have a heap of whole flower hops if anyone is needing. Challenger, Cascade, Styrian Goldings, Saaz and Fuggles. Cheap plus postage…..!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Home brew help ( heaters)’ is closed to new replies.