Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Holy Crap! They've let Binners write something for Issue 83
  • Harry_the_Spider

What is the world coming to?

Singletrack issue 83 – out soon!

matt_outandabout

Doooomed
    (or is that cressers…)

Harry_the_Spider

Hopefully it won’t be a fashion feature.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

new issue looks good despite Binners feature lol 😀

p.s note to chipps clothing features are getting a bit tiresome imho

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I was wondering which clothing manufacturer the writer works for. According to him you can only go biking if you can afford top quality everything.

rOcKeTdOg

Using forum members is a cheap way of getting features in the mag 😉 *

* I did get a free copy though

iain1775
    Free Member

Subscription cancelled
    Been coming for a while though, it’s nothing personal against Binners (who?) but that run down just sounds so uninspiring again

philfive
    Free Member

The guy who does the fashion feature is Keith from Biketreks in Ambleside.

I do feel the magazine is going a bit “hipster” although Aldi stuff in fresh goods was a surprise.

unklehomered
    Free Member

This issue – We try and make Unklehomer’s local loop which bores the crap out of him, seem interesting and exciting…

I will read that one with interest. In fairness it probably pretty good unless its all you have from your door.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I think using Forum Members rather inspiring, give a real world view on riding and living with bikes.

Should be encouraged IMO..

Not bothered about fashion articles, we all ride in what we want anyhoos so what’dapoint ? But if you need another base layer I guess getting it from a riders point of view is far better than some marketing horsecrap.

What we need is an article from Darn Sarf now, just for balance and all…

binners

This article marks a slight diversification for the mag. It’s actually my review of Paris Fashion Week dahling.

Bregante

You should do a monthly feature of low fat pies for the health conscious cycle commuter.

Binners Dinners 🙂

RustySpanner

The fashion peices are supposed to be ironic, aren’t they?
    If not, then there’s really no hope left at all.

As for Binners writing an article, well, it could be a lot worse:
    Bike fitting with Hora?
    Junkyards tour of Holland’s pie factory?
    My slimming tips?

We’ve got off lightly, tbh.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Binners Dinners

Awesome articles they would be

Junkyards tour of Holland’s pie factory

I was stoned. I got the munchies. I ate till i was sick but apart from that I cannot remember a thing 😀

shermer75
    Free Member

Iain1775, no wonder you are bored of the mag. You’re 338 years old, you must be bored of everything

Mark

It’s not Binners’ first published article 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

That Reader’s Wives review doesn’t count.

eyerideit
    Free Member

I’d like a tour of the Holland’s pie factory, especially the cheese and onion wing/conveyor/machine.

As for the OP; I’m looking forward to not reading this as much not reading anything else in the mag. I only do a digital sub to support the forum.

Mark

And we appreciate your support all the same 🙂

eyerideit
    Free Member

And I appreciate your appreciation. 8)

MartynS

You should do a monthly feature of low fat pies for the health conscious cycle commuter.

Binners Dinners

Or indeed don’t get that torq bloke back.. Training and nutrition by Binners

Binners dinners for winners….

binners

I was thinking of a covering photo of me, in a suitably Nigella-esque pose – maybe licking cream off a spoon, rather than being strangled by a Tory – Binners Dinners for Sinners?

I’ve just referred to myself in the third person, haven’t I? What a **** I truly am 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

If we have a Binners Dinners article, can we have a review of Beer too.

Ta very muchly.

Toasty

Good work binners 🙂 Even if it were about fashion it wouldn’t be as bad as supersonic’s WMB articles telling you what he’s got on his bike.

d45yth
    Free Member

The guy who does the fashion feature is Keith from Biketreks in Ambleside.

The only person in the shop who doesn’t do any biking! 😆

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s bound to feature a Mumford and sons rant. I’ll be very disappointed if it doesn’t…..

scaredypants

“Binners thinners” could be an option for a series – alternating diet tips and cocktail ideas made from decorating supplies

Harry_the_Spider

Punch Hora in the head a few times and write it up… Binners Chinners.

Harry_the_Spider

…or an appreciation of baldy headed men. Binners Brynners.

scaredypants

Binner Ginners – our man interviews a series of flame-haired beauties / stw’ers

Junkyard
    Free Member

Binner grinners- heady tales of his early years in Madchester

Binners winners – he describes all the riders who have ever dropped him…this column will have longevity 😉

scaredypants

hmmmmm, wonder if Mark would fund me to do “scaredypants’ tour de france” next year ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

That sounds like a great idea and I know novel idea likes that are what encourage me to keep renewing …you would need help i assume

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I was more amused with Jo Burt doing a piece for the mag.

I wonder if it will mention cartoon sheep and express bespoke jewellery?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I heard the article was commissioned in early in 2009

iain1775
    Free Member

shermer75 – Member
    Iain1775, no wonder you are bored of the mag. You’re 338 years old, you must be bored of everything

337 actually, birthday is late July 😉

tomhoward

Binners dinners? Can’t be, Greggs would sue for plagiarism…

Hold on, if Binners has something in the real mag, then that means he’s a real person? But he’s from teh internetz, thus can’t be real??

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

I heard the article was commissioned in early in 2009

Lol, you mean 1989 though surely? Still waiting for the “scribble” I asked him for in return for some stuff I sent him FOC about ten years ago, he did make some reference to it on here some 3-4 years later promising to get it sorted, some people are just shit for a living!

maccruiskeen

It was only a matter of time, now that he’s published he’s cashing in on his popularity notoriety

chrisylad24
    Free Member

Are binners and hora mates in the real world because they make me chuckle when hora does a new frame thread

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Holy Crap! They've let Binners write something for Issue 83’ is closed to new replies.