Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hollowtech II "top hats"
  • smoggy
    Free Member

Think i’ve been a bit “keen” removing these and have damaged one of them, i’ve googled but can’t find any replacements…..anyone know where i can get a replacement pair?

cheers
    🙂

wwaswas

for inside the BB’s?

Balfa do them for Acros BB’s – £5 a pair posted.

thomthumb
    Free Member
    foxyrider
    Free Member

I damaged my ultegra one a little while ago (little chip off it) and its still fine 🙂

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Thomthumb,

do you know if those FSA ones from uk bike store are compatible with Shimano?

Cheers.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i think so.

i ordered them the other week on someones recomendation; but i’m not sure if i’ve fitted them or not.

how’s that for non committal!

smoggy
    Free Member

Beat me to it Ecky thump!

foxyrider
    Free Member

On a search of STW – Balfa, Acros and phil wood do replacement compatible tophats?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve got some really borked ones in my cranks (allong with SKF bearings which are lovely and smooth if a little tight), no issues so far.

scaredypants

they’re only sacrificial aren’t they? (in case of bearing seizure) – don’t see why they have to be lovely, just present

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

they’re only sacrificial aren’t they? (in case of bearing seizure) – don’t see why they have to be lovely, just present

Agreed, although mine is currently <75% present on one side (broke off a piece of the inner “tube” whilst refitting.
    I took the view that it would probably be fine so long as there was no free play in it and there was still something left to sacrifice in case of bearing seizure. I would like to replace that tophat at next bearing change though.

Onzadog
    Free Member

TINAS, that’s interesting that you’re running them with SKF bearings. What size are the bearings? I thought they were a proprietary size to run with top hats and the standard bearing size ran straight on the axle.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hollowtech II "top hats"’ is closed to new replies.