Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hollowtech 2 non drive side washer… Is It needed ??
  • renton
    Free Member

Just bought some used ht2 cranks and noticed the non drive side crank arm washer is missing.

Hopefully thus should link to a pic…..

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=shimano+hollow+tech+ii+diagram&view=detailv2&&id=D68AC01B4AABD1712EE9BB8F0854DFDB539565E6&selectedIndex=3&ccid=Frz1A6V5&simid=608035038044684775&thid=OIP.M16bcf503a5798ea42b4629930993e5cdo0&ajaxhist=0

Its not the bit circled I am on about but the circle washer piece.

As I’m going to be running a wheels mfg conversion bottom bracket I’m not sure if I need it or not ?

What do you reckon ?

Cheers.

Steve.

Trimix
    Free Member

You probably don’t need it, but it wont cause any harm either way.

I’ve had one missing for a while and no kittens were killed.

iainc

are you sure it’s not in there ? they usually become embedded within the crank – look up the open groove where the tab goes and see if there is a solid bit (washer) at back…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Not really no. It’s just a seal I think. I’ve seen kids without it.

renton
    Free Member

Yep deffo not there.

I wouldn’t normally ask but as I’m having to run a pf30 conversion bottom bracket I’m not sure if it is important or not.

stevious

I actively ditched them from my road bikes as I found that my Stages crank made creaking noises when it was in place. Have done thousands of kilometers like that now.

renton
    Free Member

Cool so it sounds like its not really needed then.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Yeah just seals crank arm with BB, you’ll be fine without it, if your worried about it I reckon you could just fit a rubber o ring.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hollowtech 2 non drive side washer… Is It needed ??’ is closed to new replies.