Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Holidaymakers evacuated from planes plan to sue
  • ac505
    Free Member

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/holidaymakers-evacuated-from-planes-hit-out.19495106

Litigation culture is firmly here. I am amazed that people want to sue because they got off a plan safely…

jota180
    Free Member

The insurance companies involved could always refuse to settle or the judge could always kick it out.
    People are only going down the litigation route for frivolous reasons because they stand a chance of succeeding

Drac

Your just being mean, didn’t you read her leg is still sore. And look she has a stick and needs to be held by her husband to reassure her.

jon1973
    Free Member

To be fair, she does look very sad. For full effect they should have put a ‘before’ picture in, with her looking happy and smiling.

ocrider

To be fair, she does look very sad. For full effect they should have put a ‘before’ picture in, with her looking happy and smiling.

Looks like she could do with a holiday to me. What budget for a winter break in the Canaries?

joao3v16
    Free Member

Hooray for stupid (, greedy, money-grabbing) people!

Hopefully if they get to court with their pathetic claim, the judge will just say “You’re clearly massive penises, please go away, case dismissed. Oh, and did I mention you were massive penises?”

Someone should be maintaining a master list of morons like this that we can all check so we know who to ignore in life 😀

And idiots like this are allowed to breed and vote …

aP
    Free Member

If you go the Health & Lifestyle section of that newspaper there’re no articles. 😆

geetee1972
    Free Member

I am not sure whether to think it’s a bad thing or not. If a plane crashes and you’re injured or worse, then you or your surviving relatives get a huge payout as compensation. OK so this plane didn’t crash, but there was still a (potentially) serious incident.

That said, nothing gets me more angry than idiots reading papers through safety briefings or worse still yaking through them. Chaos in evacuation is not helped by this.

joao3v16
    Free Member

nothing gets me more angry than idiots reading papers through safety briefings or worse still yaking through them.

They should do what my teachers did at primary school – just stop and wait for everyone to be quiet and pay attention … the penises will soon shut their cake holes and listen when they realise everyone else on the plane wants to punch them in the throat for delaying the flight …

Or, the ones who weren’t paying attention get to stay behind when there’s an emergency evacuation – not allowed to leave their seats until everyone else has got off …

😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

I dont see what they are moaning about tbh – t was an emergency situation they all got out a crowded plane with only minor injuries

Could have been far far worse and no one can ever guarantee that iit will be risk free

Surely you still assume some responsibility that some things you do may injure you such as jump down an inflatable chute – they could have just objected and sat in their seats and seen how that would have panned out

probably helped the gene pool if not them.

Hope it gets kicked out of court and then someone takes the lawyers round the back and gives them a shooing as well

“Our clients will be seeking compensation from the entity responsible, which may result in litigation in the courts. We are determined to help them get the justice they deserve.”

jon1973
    Free Member

compositepro
    Free Member

Ryanair have a new policy of charging you to get off in an emergency
    Its in the smallprint on the website

ourmaninthenorth

Hope it gets kicked out of court and then someone takes the lawyers round the back and gives them a shooing as well

They are, amazingly for this story, a respectable law firm. I know of at least one STWer who has worked for them….

Sandwich

seek assurances such incidents happen again.

Boeing aren’t satisfied with the one incident then?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

They should be ashamed of themselves really..

cynic-al
    Free Member

Does seem frivolous.

Coyote
    Free Member

We are determined to help them get the justice they deserve

That won’t be through the courts then…

slowmart
    Free Member

I’d love to hear O’leary’s response if it was Ryanair who were being sued.

A sad indictment on todays money grabbing what’s in it for me society

Junkyard
    Free Member

They are, amazingly for this story, a respectable law firm.

Holly shit your profession is worse than I thought when even reputable take on frivolous cases just for the money- bit tounge in cheek, bit serious point

peterfile
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say that the litigation department of IM has a great rep to be honest.

Sure, the firm as a whole doesn’t have a bad rep, but the lit team does seem to do a fair bit of questionable PI work (not so much ambulance chasing, but they still end up taking on similar work, even if they don’t go hunting for it so obviously).

cynic-al
    Free Member

AFAIK Irwin Mitchell do work from high-end med neg down through stuff like this to debt collection.

They’ve sued a peer of mine for £0! (paralegal forgot to fill the form in 😐 )

DID gingerflash work for them?

peterfile
    Free Member

(paralegal forgot to fill the form in )

IM has an army of paralegals. It was the stop gap for many of my friends between leaving law school and starting their training contracts.

Junkyard
    Free Member

They’ve sued a peer of mine for £0! (paralegal forgot to fill the form in

Did they contest the legal charge or agree to settle

spooky_b329

I wonder if these passengers are aware of the fatalities that have occurred due to aircraft not following their evacuation plans or even just delaying the evacuation a few minutes?

I can’t find the incident that I’m thinking of, but did find a Saudi plane that landed, they though the fire was out/under control so taxi’d off the runway preventing fire fighting equipment from being used, when they eventually got the doors open all 301 people on board had died from smoke inhalation.

Seeing as there was thick smoke in the cabin, I’d much rather get off in a panic and break a leg than risk suffocating whilst all the other occupants clamber over the seats and crush me! I hope any claims are limited to those with sifgnificant long lasting injuries and not those that ‘still have a sore leg’.

ac505
    Free Member

A bunch of the guys from my office were on the flight, what amazed them most was the eejits that were trying to get their hand luggage out the lockers during the evac. Glasgow persuasion (fists) were used to assist compliance with the aircrews wish to get everybody off pronto. The best story was a family of 4, dad, mum and two kids – the dad bailed in a split second leaving the wife to get the kids off, fortunately some decent people assisted them. I’ll bet the discussion on the tarmac between man and wife was a little frosty.

RichPenny
    Free Member

There are no respectable law firms, just those better at hiding their immorality…

jota180
    Free Member

I’d love to hear O’leary’s response if it was Ryanair who were being sued.

I wouldn’t particularly blame the claimant here, more the lawyers and insurance companies that keep their whole job creation scheme going with any old crap.

peterfile
    Free Member

There are no respectable law firms, just those better at hiding their immorality…

😆

Tick the options below which are applicable to you:

(a) Screwed over by a cheapass divorce lawyer;
    (b) Spend too much time reading the Daily Fail;
    (c) Just don’t know very much about the legal profession.

samuri
    Free Member

They are, amazingly for this story, a respectable law firm. I know of at least one STWer who has worked for them….

That seems like a distinct contradiction in terms 😉

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Holidaymakers evacuated from planes plan to sue’ is closed to new replies.