Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Holidaying with your parents!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Something as a teenager/20something/partyanimal youd avoid at all costs, now in my early 40s having just booked a holiday and informing mum and dad they’re invited makes me smile. Funny how times change.

chakaping
    Free Member

Did it a few years ago, couldn’t keep up with them when it came to evening drinkies.

fotorat
    Free Member

Have you told your wife yet!

jon1973
    Free Member

In my 40s now and holiday at least once a year with my parents and really enjoy it. Got something planned for June in fact. They’re nearly in their 70s now, so for me it’s all about making as many good memories as possible.

NZCol

Just booked to go to Zermatt, invited in laws as a treat as paid for by great grans legacy as she’d have been 100. We invite them all the time, good fun, everyone wins and we like a few vinos together

matt10214
    Free Member

My in-laws live in Spain so a lot of our holidays are spent with them, like Chakaping say’s keeping up with the drinking is the only issue!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Off to Tenerife in feb with the outlaws and the one ref above is with my mum and dad in June. They came for a few days with us to Wales in feb last year to a cottage, all I remember of the Saturday was going for a lovely walk, sending our kids out to get fire wood with them, lighting the fire then watching the England Wales six nations game, the next thing it was 1am with my dad and me trying to walk the dog in the absolute pitch black!

doomanic

Oh hell no! My mother is an overbearing harridan who can’t bear to see people having fun!

myti
    Free Member

I enjoy a week in the sun with my mum every few years. She gets on the first beer before I do. 11am is the record!

mikey74
    Free Member

I did it in my 30s: They were living in America and wanted to do a trip from Washington DC down to Florida, via New Orleans, and asked me if I wanted to go along. It was a great time. We went through West Virginia, Birmingham, Alabama, Tennessee, down to New Orleans, and ended up in St. Augustin in Florida (USA’s oldest town). It was great.

simonloco
    Free Member

Yep just sorting a holiday with parents in law in Minorca.
    Plenty of trips to the place in France with them too in our 20s & 30s
    Still can’t keep on the wine 😳

windyg
    Free Member

My wife is going on holiday with her parents, i’m not going as they just sit around reading books all day or spend half it of deciding what to do, bores me.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Took my 78yo mother on holiday with us to Vancouver Island last year.

Not a great idea for two reasons (a) she can’t walk far or fast, at all and (b) her & my older sister, in whose holiday home we were staying, do not get on. I had no idea at the time, but I know a whole lot more now.

Atmosphere, knife etc

Northwind

We take my mum and dad away every so often, they used to do a lot of weekend breaks etc and now they can’t… Had one of the most lovely, chilled weeks ever in the lake district with them, took the bikes and literally went on one ride, spent the rest of the time (as far as I can remember) feeding ducklings and going on boats

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

On tap babysitters ?

hammerite
    Free Member

Yep also done the away with the parents holidays. Mum waits a little before starting Dad will have a beer as soon as a bar opens. Although by then he’s usually been for a 10k walk.

ampthill

I’m 51 and the no parents holiday gap was actually quite small, 16-24 maybe.

3 generations away again at Easter…..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Holidaying with your parents!’ is closed to new replies.