Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Holidaying in France with kids … camping / B&B / activity recos pls
  • Aus
    Free Member

We’re planning 7-10 days in France, with a rough plan of spending several days travelling to La Rochelle area, camping on the coast for several days and then bombing home. This with 2 boys (9 & 12) – both great travellers so 2-4 hrs in the car’s fine, but both like doing ‘stuff’, so when we stop overnight, it’d be great to be able to play in the afternoon / evening!

So, after any recos for stop-over places between Calais and La Rochelle – B&B / camping or similar with ideally some outdoor/activity/fun type stuff for the boys.

And any recos of campsites on the coast around La Rochelle area.

Many thanks.

Lifer
    Free Member

I’d say there’s not much need for a stop over if there’s two of you driving?

Aus
    Free Member

Should have elaborated a bit … stop-overs to be part of the hols … see a bit of France / do something different / change of scene. So less a break in the journey, more of a positive activity (if that makes sense!)

Muke
    Free Member

Have a gander @ the forums or site reccos on UKCampsite.co.uk

TheFlyingOx

Dunno if La Rochelle is that close, but there are LOADS of salt farms round southern Brittany. I remember a very nice afternoon where my dad rowed us round the channels that feed the salt fields whilst my mum sipped red wine and me & little sis ate cheese & crusty bread.

EDIT – just read the first post properly. We did this while staying at L’Atlantique campsite in Beg Meil. Might be a bit far out the way if you’re aiming to head in a straight line from Calais.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Holidaying in France with kids … camping / B&B / activity recos pls’ is closed to new replies.