Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Holiday spending money question
  • rascal
    Free Member

Off on hols very soon and need to get some spending money sorted sharpish.
    Where we’re going is unlikely to be blessed with cashpoints (prob expensive anyway)…but getting around £1k cash out in one go (Euros) seems risky if it gets lost/stolen.

What do you do when you go abroad?

m0rk
    Free Member

£100 cash in local currency / week walkabout money

Halifax zero fee Credit Card for whatever I can and settle when I get the bill.

geoffj

Prepaid currency card

peterfile
    Free Member

Where we’re going is unlikely to be blessed with cashpoints (prob expensive anyway)

Which part of the world are you going to that uses euro but has no cashpoints or PDQs? Sounds adventurous! 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Halifax Clarity Card and some cash.

wilburt
    Free Member

If it’s Europe a few Euros in the pocket, usual cards and cash machines for extra notes. Don’t see any difference between Dortmund and Doncaster and erm..Athens?

dannyh
    Free Member

About £200 worth in cash, then credit card for the rest (and pay off immediately on arrival home).

Simpler than socket sets, at least.

rascal
    Free Member

It’s Kefalonia but not one of the main resorts…so not really that adventurous 😉

rascal
    Free Member

Might have left it too late to get a Halifax Clarity card which seems the best option – bugger.
    Has anyone used them prepaid cards before?
    Using your usual debit card seems to be a no-no.
    Why did I leave it so bloody late? 😳

peterfile
    Free Member

What bank is your debit account with?

Have a look at the bank charges, they might not be as bad as you think. I never use anything other than debit/credit cards and I’m away anywhere between once a week to once a month.

Also try to keep it in perspective (eg, a £3 charge ever time you withdraw is only £21 over the course of the holiday if you withdraw every day (which you won’t need to))

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Holiday spending money question’ is closed to new replies.