Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Holiday recommendations for those with young kids?
  • BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for a family summer holiday in early-mid July? Children are aged 2 & 4. Budget for accommodation is probably around £300-400.

I’m thinking a cottage or log cabin North Wales somewhere as there seems to be plenty to do and easy to reach beaches, plus I’ll be able to take a bike and get a couple of rides in.

ji
    Free Member

Always self catering. Cheaper than eating out (and the lids leave halfof it anyway) and you can be a bit more relaxed about where they are every two minutes. Hoseasons prices aren’t bad, and you can search by a range of criteria including a hottub.

superfli
    Free Member

We’re going to Crealy Meadows again this summer. Down by Exeter so plenty of beaches. Its next to a kids theme park and has entertainment in the eve, plus a huge kids play area. Means you can sit and drink, whilst kids spend hours on the slides 🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Not what I thought I would want, but a package holiday to a souless hotel any where abroad with a pool and all inclusive. My idea of hell, but went last year and was actually nice not having to cook, tidy up, etc etc. Jnr FD loved it as other kids to play with, spent a week in the pool, ice screams were free.

Choose carefully and kids go free and won’t cost you anymore than a rainy cold week in Wales.

I think we paid about £800 for a nice 4* all inclusive

MoreCashThanDash

Maybe over budget but we’ve had great cottages at Cynfal (sp?) Farm near Towyn – beaches, north wales, trains…

Also Dumfries and Galloway has great attractions for kids and sensible priced accommodation.

Ther is possibly riding to be had nearby as well…..

paulwf

We did the same as FunkyDunc with First Choice- I though I would hate it but compared to our usual camping holidays it was really relaxing and almost guaranteed great weather. Bit more than your budget for accomodation, but we only spent £20 the whole week as everything genuinely is included.

We went out of school holidays it was full of people with the same age kids. My eldest who was 2 and half loved it as there were other kids to play with and he spent all day every day in the pool.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Holiday recommendations for those with young kids?’ is closed to new replies.