Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Holiday Insurance Recommendations
  • chevychase

Without joining BC or somesuch – off to France for a week – want insurance for MTB. Not going to ever be racing, but will be hitting the black runs.

No fuss, no frills, medical cover.

Bike’s insured through pedalsure, missus’ bike through the home insurance. What do you people use? Any shit when you made a claim?

Will probably get a year’s cover.

wallop

Have used snowcard many times. Have also used Insure & Go. Have claimed on both. Now just use snowcard.

snaps
    Free Member

I’ve used Snowcard, Dogtag & Virgin travel – just make sure they’ll cover helicopter evacuation if you’re riding in places an ambo won’t be able to access as that can be €3000+ 😯

Bolt

@ Wallop, what issues did you have with insure & go?

Cheers

chevychase

Annual multi-trip worldwide snowcard is £200 more expensive than dogtag max for me and the missus and insure and go is 100 quid cheaper than dogtag (mountain biking excluding racing is covered as standard)

Tracey

After Snowcard and Dogtag got way to expensive due to age we have been using Yellow Jersey

P-Jay
    Free Member

Try Worldnomads, you can add cover for MTBing in clear, no BS English for about £5 a week and covers all types of non-competitive riding, any bike, any terrain, lifts etc.

They’re usually 75% less than Snowcard or Dog Tag.

Word of warning though, they have exclusions for smashing yourself up drunk – so if you like to tie one on of an evening it might be worth checking to see if you have basic cover with your bank etc. I’m not a big drinker.

wallop

No major issues with Insure & Go but the claim was a ball ache – they raised several queries, but rather than issue them in one go, they sent them over one at a time, so it took weeks. I’d also recommend making sure you are very familiar with the terms of cover – I didn’t realise that I had to get permission to be treated before accepting treatment (it’s the last thing on your mind when you have a large wound on your face 😆 ) so they limit cover to €500. Mind you, I wasn’t expecting my four stitches and X-ray to be more than that, but it was 😯

milky1980
    Free Member

Have used Snowcard and Dogtag in the passed. Only had to claim from Snowcard after my GPS went AWOL and it was simply a case of getting an email from the chalet owner confirming I hadn’t left it there and a purchase receipt for them to pay out.

Just be careful if you’re going to be anywhere near a border when riding. Had a mate go to the PDS skiing a few years ago who crashed but was taken to a Swiss hospital, found out he wasn’t covered as the insurer based the claim on where you were treated not where you were at the time of said crash. He got handed a bill for well over £12k 😯

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Holiday Insurance Recommendations’ is closed to new replies.