Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Holiday insurance – Canada
  • volatilemike
    Free Member

Whistler for 2 weeks. I was intending to go with snowcard, but being quoted £220 for 2 weeks seems high? or is it the norm?

Any others?

I was tempted by dogtag but heard a few people had some bad experiences…happy to be proved wrong though.

legend
    Free Member

North American medical bills are the killer. Shop around but be prepared to bend over

P.S. Annual cover tends to make more sense in this sort of scenario. So if you’ve any hope of another holiday (riding or otherwise) get a quote for that cover too

100mphplus
    Free Member

That does sounds high, not been for 2 years but up to then I normally paid ~ 70ish.

I used to check snowcard, dogtag and Columbus direct for best price, all offered about the same normal cover unless you wanted race cover too and then the price went up.

matt_outandabout

I found Flexicover cheaper, with better cover in some areas.
    Even their most basic covers trail riding and paddling upto grade 2 water, plus they had search and rescue cover.

13thfloormonk

I never compared with any other providers, but was very happy with the prices and service from Worldnomads.com

Very handy being able to stop and start coverage whilst still abroad depending on circumstances (such as finding out that your Canadian Health Plan had lapsed just days before embarking on a hike through wolf infested territory etc. etc.)

AlexSimon

Just looking for the same (1 week).

Staggered that many are £110+
    I’ve taken the route of ringing more ‘normal’ insurers and specifically asking if I’m covered for 2500m lift-assisted mountain-biking.

Underwriters are getting back to me from 3 companies.

AlexSimon

Going with Endsleigh as they’ve come back to confirm that their ‘category 1’ addition covers lift-assisted mountain biking up to 3000m as long as I’m not in a race or endurance event.
    They are reasonably priced (£56.93 for me).

Another company came back to me and confirmed cover too:
    http://www.tgic-online.com
    As long as you add their ‘Mountain biking – strenuous terrain’ option.
    They were £6 dearer at £62.19, but the cover is a bit different, so might suit.

Still waiting for columbusdirect.com to come back to me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Holiday insurance – Canada’ is closed to new replies.