Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Holiday in the mountains but with a beach an hour away, fantasy??
  • DT78
    Free Member

Tempting I’m thinking similar, but needs to be guaranteed sun and driveable from uk.

Mackem

I drive Calais to Basque country in one day, twice a year. Pretty easy drive really.

tonyg2003

I’ve done it lots of times in Greece. Back to Vassiliki in June. MTB from the beach to 3000ft in the mornings and windsurfing in the afternoons – perfect!

konabunny
    Free Member

Slovenia
    Croatia
    Montenegro
    Lebanon
    Israel (I think?)

peterfile
    Free Member

doug, are you bored of your G Spot yet? Can I buy it?? 🙂

doug_basqueMTB.com

Hey Peter. I was riding it the last two days in the Pyrenees and was just saying that with all the cool and modern bikes I´ve ridden over the last year the GSpot still puts a massive smile on my face! I´m afraid I don´t think I´ll sell it for a long time.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Wales

PeterHerold
    Free Member

Hello. Has anyone ever found anywhere that offers a mountainous base (chalet or apartment) that has access to a real beach within an hours drive? I’m trying to plan this years Summer holiday and having been to Nice airport and seen the Mediterranean on one side and the mountains in the distance, I thought it might be a good place to aim my hunt. Have any of you been somewhere similar sounding and found a good balance.Mountain lakes just don’t hold the same appeal to a 4 year old.

Dave above mentioned Sardinia. Many Italians come with their 4-year olds/kids and stay ON THE COAST (you can walk to the beach from many apartments, campsites etc) which has many more things to do and then DRIVE into the mountains to ride or do other sports. Many of the best rides from where we live are accessible with the bus, you put the bike in the bus and then ride back. You can also get the boat.

ciao Peter (co author of guidebook)

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ibiza!

deviant
    Free Member

Pollensa region of Majorca. North of the island in the mountains, great food, great beaches…. only drawback we found is that it does have its own micro climate that high up, some days were misty and cool but a drive south to the bottom of the island at sea level would have us back in the sun again.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Here

nasher
    Free Member

Italian Riviera and the Maritime alps? Rivierabike Seaand mountain less than 30 mins and many of the mountain runs finish at the sea…

A little video from a ride last week starts and finishes on the coast and climbs up to 1100m,
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xki5Is1ENZg[/video]

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Holiday in the mountains but with a beach an hour away, fantasy??’ is closed to new replies.