Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Holiday Cottage in Swaledale/Wensleydale?
  • RustySpanner

Any recommendations?

2 couples, 2 cars, 6 bikes and 2 dogs.
    Preferably near a nice pub 🙂

Have stayed in Pretoria Cottage in Gunnerside before, but believe the King’s Head has closed now.

Many thanks in advance.

footflaps

http://www.rosedenecottage.co.uk/

Probably have to put bikes in the car overnight though as there’s no shed / garage. Not that they get much crime up there.

Farmers Arms pub is excellent.

RustySpanner

Cheers footflaps.
    Have looked at that one – the lack of bike storage put us off a bit.

Farmers Arms pub is excellent.

I reckon it’s very possibly my all time favourite 😀

footflaps

I wouldn’t worry too much about security, you can park the car right outside the cottage, so will hear anyone breaking in – not that there is much crime there other than Quad bikes getting nicked from farms…

ton

2 family rooms at Grinton Lodge.
    cheap, comfy, spacious, ace pubs less than a mile away, wine and beer available on site, awesome building and views.

RustySpanner

No pets allowed, sadly Tony.
    Already checked.

footflaps – Member

I wouldn’t worry too much about security, you can park the car right outside the cottage, so will hear anyone breaking in – not that there is much crime there other than Quad bikes getting nicked from farms…

Are you willing to lend me £6000 in cash?
    I’ll leave it in the car each night and you can have it back if it’s still there at the end of the week.
    Deal?

nedrapier

Stayed up in High Bents before. Right up on the hill above Gunnerside. Beautiful.

You’ll find it on here, along with a bunch of others.

http://www.catholecottages.com/swaledale/index.php

RustySpanner

Cheers ned, looks good.
    Already looking at one on that site.

How bad is the access road for High Bents?
    Reckon you could get a Doblo up to it?

pegglet
    Free Member

the owners of pretoria also own ‘Garth’,the big bunglow next door. masses of room,massive garage for bikes,but as you say no pub at moment. i loaded my backpack with alcohol,went up Gunnerside Gill,got ‘merry’ then crashed my way back on the techno footpath…..awesome.

nedrapier

Rusty – yeah I reckon. Got our mondeo estate up there no probs.

ish. I did “refuse” like a horse at a jump the first time I got to that corner. It does look a little intimidating at first glance, but you get the line right and it’s fine. You won’t think anything of it after you’ve been up twice.

redwoods
    Free Member

not been but it might fit the bill

Stayed at a lovely big cottage just outside of hawes earlier this year with two dogs. No bike storage as such but the owners were very accommodating and I’d imagine they wouldn’t mind if the bikes went in the kitchen so long as you put something down to protect the surfaces.

cubble head, although not sure about a pub nearby. That it might be lacking!

midlifecrashes

Have a look at West Burton. We stayed at the last cottage on the row on the village green last October. Village pub on green. 3 bedrooms. Wood burner. Garage/workshop.Dog allowed. I can’t get a link just now. Sat in a+e. Will try to find one tomorrow.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Holiday Cottage in Swaledale/Wensleydale?’ is closed to new replies.