Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • "hole" lot of trouble
  • broken4ribs
    Free Member

ok so i got a bit click happy while on ebay and managed to buy a Mavic ssc 819 disc rim in which i was going to build on to a hope pro 2 hub but……… the rim has 24 holes and the hub has 32 holes!
    so i have a few questions you lovley people on STW might be able to answer?

1. is the rim and the hub compatable at all?
    2. what does SSC mean?
    3.are there and good 24 hole front hubs i can use?
    4.if the first question in a no,does anybody want the rim for £25 posted

many thanks

RealMan
    Free Member

2. what does SSC mean?

njee20
    Free Member

Old Ksyriums used to be ‘Ksyrium SSC’, assume it was a process of Mavics, but I’ve never heard it used in reference to the 819.

I don’t think they’ve ever sold 24h 819s aftermarket, so I’d say that’s a replacement rim for a built wheelset/come from a factory wheelset.

You’ll really struggle to find a hub, 24h are basically only used in factory wheelsets. You may find someone with a trashed wheel who wants it though…

cookeaa

2. what does SSC mean?

Suitable for Sale to Counters – ie someone who can count the number of spoke holes in a hub before they buy a rim… 😉

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

SSC – Special Service Course

basically pro level kit, SSC means that its been issued to pro teams.

24h 819 is quite unusual, was used for some OE spec cannondale Lefty wheelsets… so that could give you some pointers to someone who might need one 😀

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Hope Pro III is available in 24h. As used in these:

http://www.hopetech.com/page.aspx?itemid=SPG87&tab=specification

njee20
    Free Member

Straight pull though – you try finding SP spokes in a variety of lengths!

edd

You can use a 36 hole hub with a 24 hole rim. I have a friend who has done it (with a 24 hole 819 rim).
    Edd

njee20
    Free Member

There were calculators online (Sheldon Brown springs to mind) that did show such lacing patterns, you miss every 3rd hole obviously, so that may be a better bet!

broken4ribs
    Free Member

it looks like i might sell on the rim as it only cost me £25 and i allready have the hope pro 11 hub ,

note to self…do not go on ebay when drunk !!!

bland

Yep they came on cannondales and id have it but have a spare.

Ace rims, build it up on a 24h hub. You can get DT hubs, get a 340 and not a 240 though, they are toss and crack (hence my spare rim). Dont know about the Pro 3 and spokes in Sp is a ball ache.

Mines done 6 years, 3 france trips, one spain trip and the mega and still going strong!

broken4ribs
    Free Member

well its up for grabs if any one wants it!

aracer
    Free Member

Front or rear hub? The rear wheel on my road bike is a 24 hole rim built on a 32 hole hub – deliberately done that way. Makes for a perfectly decent build IMHO.

njee20
    Free Member

240s are better hubs than 340s, and certainly arne’t prone to cracking.

Again, dont think they sell them aftermarket in 24h though, so it’ll be OEM stock if you find it.

Hopefully a clumsy Cannondale rider will take it off you!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘"hole" lot of trouble’ is closed to new replies.