Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Holdsworth La Quelda
  • tomaso
    Free Member

These are up for £89 on PlanetX frame sale. Is the cro-mo steel any good or just the old gas pipe they use for Inbreds?

lunge

For that price it’ll be gas pipe. But, it’s not hi-ten steel which is what you normally get on £90 frames

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ohh, I like that.

Cr-Mo is the same stuff as Reynolds 525, 4130, and a lot of other branded steel. Although strictly speaking it could be any ratio of Chrome and Molybdenum, used in everything from high pressure gas pipes to (4150) M16 and M4 gun barrels! How good it is as a frame will depend on more than just the material though. Regardless, £90 for a good looking Cr-Mo fixie frame is a bargain.

tomaso
    Free Member

The description on the website is very light on detail and heavy on esoteric BS

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The description on the website is very light on detail and heavy on esoteric BS

It’s a bike, a diamond framed, singlespeed one at that so won’t even have many/any braze-ons, what do you expect beyond a pic, what it’s made of and a geometry table?

tomaso
    Free Member

As nice as the orange paint job is I am gonna stick with my turd brown Langster. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side. The Langster is the best commuter hack I’ve ever had and it cost buttons.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Holdsworth La Quelda’ is closed to new replies.