Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hold on to your hats – thrilling toner cartridge question!
  • chakaping
    Free Member

After two or three very happy years together, my Samsung laser printer is finally running low on toner.

I’ve only had crappy inkjets before, and had bad experiences with re-manufactured cartridges.

Are they better for lasers? Or is official Samsung best?

And recommended retailers?

TIA

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

original Samsung. I have just bought one from eBay, original and boxed for £38. watch out though as stock they ship with a low yield cartridge, which is half the capacity, compare apples with apples.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

I cant help all i can add is ive gone through 5 so far this year , they are the bane of my life , whenever im desperate to print either work or home for kids homework boarding passes important quotations they spit their guts out , run out of ink , dont recognize aftermarket inks, hate them with a passion, Epson, Dell, Cannon ,Brother you name it i`ve binned it!!

chakaping
    Free Member

I have just bought one from eBay, original and boxed for £38. watch out though as stock they ship with a low yield cartridge, which is half the capacity, compare apples with apples.

Thanks. I’m a bit scared of buying off eBay in case of counterfeit ones, will have a look though.

I don’t understand, do you mean they sell the printers with 1/2 cartridges? I know they use that trick on inkjets – but this first toner cartridge has literally lasted me years.

I cant help all i can add is ive gone through 5 so far this year

Are you talking about inkjets? That was my experience with them before I got the wonderful, reliable, long-lasting cartridge-d laser printer.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

No printers!!!!

chakaping
    Free Member

Inkjets are the cheap printers with cartridges that run out quick and which go wrong for no reason.

Lasers are also printers, cost more but are super-reliable, the cartridges last for ages and they’re only B&W at affordable prices.

welshfarmer

My little HP BW laser was given to me by a mate when they changed them all in their offices. It is still running the same cartridge that was in it when she gave it me about 5 years ago 🙂

jimwah
    Free Member

Official toner imo, see what eBay throws up and just make sure the toner is clean & branded samsung when it arrives. Maybe just unlucky, but cheap clone cartridges have trashed a few of our Lexmarks over the years.

chakaping
    Free Member

Seems daft to take the risk when they last so long, and I can put it through the business (which is what I use it for 90% of the time anyway).

the-muffin-man

We’ve always used CartidgeSave. Probably not the cheapest but we know they are genuine.

http://www.cartridgesave.co.uk/toner-cartridges/Samsung.html

Cougar

I don’t understand, do you mean they sell the printers with 1/2 cartridges? I know they use that trick on inkjets – but this first toner cartridge has literally lasted me years.

I expect it varies by manufacturer as to how much toner they put in, but I know the one I set up a couple of weeks ago (Canon) came with a “starter” cartridge.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hold on to your hats – thrilling toner cartridge question!’ is closed to new replies.