Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Hoegaarden after a long hot ride? Wrong, so wrong
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Gosh, I feeel iiiiillllllll..

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

That must be one of the only times that having a Hoegaarden is wrong – bad luck!

cynic-al
    Free Member

wuss.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Sick in a glass is wrong at all times.

twohats
    Free Member

Hoegaarden is wrong full stop!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Flippin ek, that was gross. It was bought for me, I’ll kill him.

Death, the only answer.

Drac

Best stick to your Heiniken if you don’t appreciate beer.

Kuco

I love beer 🙂 Hoegaarden on the other hand is cat vomit.

qwerty
    Free Member

💡 I still long to know and perhaps taste the mix of 1/2 pint of Hoegaarden & 1/2 pint of Guiness 💡

rickmeister

Vedette Extra Blond… best post ride 20 second pint… yum.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Get on to the second everything will be better

rickmeister

Yep, the second 750ml bottle is always better than the first, but not quite as exquisite as the third…

And dont forget crisps as an amuse bouche…

Or the slice of lemon…

bikebouy
    Free Member

I made it home, shut the bike away (dirty) jumped in the shower fully clothed until I felt quite stupid (about 13mins23secs) turned it to cold, shook like a dog, declothed and turned up the heat a bit.
    That stuff had my head spinning like a carousel without the ponys on sticks, you know all music box jingles, spinning up, spinning down.

Bloomin ek, that stuff…

bigyinn
    Free Member

Tescos were selling 4 bottles of Hoegarden 300ml for £2.29 the other week. Much cheapness! Works out more beer for less money, about £1.50 less.

athgray
    Free Member

Coopers home brew wheat beer kit with brewing sugar. Gives 40 pints for about £15. Lovely after a cycle.

chives
    Free Member

Perhaps you’ve a wheat intolerance. 😉

leffeboy

Hoegaarden is wrong full stop!

That. Had a great ride through the woods this afternoon on tandem to take daughter to activity.
    Said daughter said she liked it so mucho can she ride home as well. Cue drinking blonde Belgian beer in the sun for a couple of hours while waiting 🙂

jimification
    Free Member

I quite like it sometimes. You’ve got to be in the right mood for it though or it just tastes like lemon washing up liquid.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

What’s wrong with you guys?

Hoegaarden rules.

Mugboo

Sam Smiths do a 5% wheat beer. It’s lurvely. And cheeep as chips 🙂

titusrider
    Free Member

Huummmm adnams cider followed by Pimm’s followed by half a bottle of red wine, on the train home and pissed, its great 🙂

turboferret

Big fan of wheat beer here, personally I find Hoegaarden lovely and refreshing, although Jimification may have a slight point 🙂

Cheers, Rich

TheFlyingOx

You’re damn right it’s wrong. The correct post-ride weissbier is Erdinger from the tap or Schoffenhoffer from Lidl out of your mate’s fridge.

hels
    Free Member

Cruising towards Brussels once with a few hours to kill before a flight. Pulled out the map, where shall we go, spotted a town called Hoegaarden.

It was the town with the main brewery, had a tour and drank a couple in the brewery bar in the sun and chatted with the workers. Very very right ! Best tasting Hoegaarden ever, straight from the source.

toby1

Erdinger comes in a slack jawed second to Franziskanner.

Hoegarden gave me an interest in wheats but I have gone back to it much since.

bigyinn
    Free Member

adnams cider

If its anything as good as their beer…..???? Please tell me more!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Hoegaarden after a long hot ride? Wrong, so wrong’ is closed to new replies.