Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • hodgson… who? have the fa written off the euros??
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Motd tonight, hodgson is cheaper than rednap who is in contract. ypur thoughts gentlemen please.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

I will never forgive the FA for sacking sven.

It doesn’t matter who manages England, quarter finals, tops.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Harry is a joke.

kimbers

mediocre manager for a mediocre team

can’t see what all the fuss is about

especially when we go through managers so often

gwaelod
    Free Member

Charlie Hodgson…wtf

relliott6879
    Free Member

Bit of a shitty way to treat Spurs really.

If the FA were never intending to offer Harry the job, they should have made that clear from the start. Spurs’ recent dip in form coincided almost exactly with the speculation surrounding Harry and the potential England job, if they now fail to secure a Champions League spot (quite possible if Chelsea either win the final and negate 4th spot or just finish 4th themselves – I don’t see Spurs overcoming Arsenal for 3rd) then they will justifiably feel pretty aggrieved at having been mucked about by the FA.

binners

I’ve said all along England would end up with Woy.

I reckon we might do alright this time – we won’t win it, obviously – because the normal ridiculous level of expectation seems noticeable by its absence this time around

meesterbond

Hodgson’s the more obvious choice for the FA now… much cheaper than Harry and likely to be far more compliant. Can you imagine Harry relocating up to Burton? I bet that’s a stipulation for the new manager – run the national team from the new FA centre.

I reckon they’ve pretty much written the Euros off anyway – by not announcing a new manager until just before the tournament they’ve effectively absolved them from any blame if they do fail.

Duggan

He’s as good a manager as any, and good enough to manage the England team. We’re really not that good so I can’t see that it makes a massive difference, the team practically picks itself anyway.

Roy has lots of international experience and other than that spell at Liverpool has a great record. Done really well at Albion and certainly in much better form than Harry at the minute.

I agree with Relliot(^^) though, it seems like a shi* way to treat Spurs, and I don’t even like Spurs much at all.

That said, I think the media talked it up more than anyone else of course, I don’t recall the FA saying they were intending on employing Harry, and I don’t recall harry saying he intended on taking the job. The FA still could have tempered the whole situation though.

MSP

He’s as good a manager as any, and good enough to manage the England team. We’re really not that good so I can’t see that it makes a massive difference, the team practicalyl picks itself anyway.

That’s not really true, the players are good enough to really do better than they do as a team. Not in the same class as Spain or Argentina, but they should be getting further in tournaments than recent efforts.

theflatboy
    Free Member

personally i’m quite glad they didn’t just go for a full-on kneejerk appointment like you’d expect them to.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘hodgson… who? have the fa written off the euros??’ is closed to new replies.