Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hobcarton End question
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

How easy is to find the trail off Hobcarton End down into Whinlatter forest? I know its been ridden, but as its not on the map (well, as a dotted path at 1:25k that abruptly stops), whats it like on the ground?

Plan is to head up Gasgale Gill to Coledale Hause, then up to Grizedale Pike
    Which is a point: what’s the better path up Gasgale Gill? map shows one on either side of Liza Beck.

superdan

Not worth it at the moment at all, ongoing forestry work has made the descent into the trees a right faff, 20 minutes or so of hauling bikes over downed trees.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Last time I went up Gasgale gill (before the recent flooding though) we followed the low path right alongside the beck (beck would be on your right going up) I can only imagine that route will be a mess now. Best bet is as soon as you cross the wee bridge at the start, head about 50m or so (approx.!) up the steep path ahead, and that takes you onto a slightly higher path that eventually meets up with the lower one farther up.

Let me know what way you end up going ir, planning a weekend there soon, and want to find the funnest way from Seatoller over either Causey/grizedale/high spy to get to Keswick, and then finish on walla crags and Watendlath descent.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Not worth it at the moment at all,

Glad I asked. Might go the other way round then – out of the top of the south loop of Whinlatter and carry up Grizedale Pike, then head over to Whiteless Breast.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hobcarton End question’ is closed to new replies.