Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Hobbies
  • damo2576
    Free Member

Other than bike stuff, what things to people do in the evenings? I’m finding myself with more and more spare time in the evenings since stopping drinking…

bencooper
    Free Member

Would you like to borrow a small child?

damo2576
    Free Member

I have one! Is actually sleeping now hence the spare time!

bencooper
    Free Member

Lucky you 😉

In my few spare minutes, I’m writing a book. Well, editing the photographs – probably not many words in it.

watsontony
    Free Member

wrote something and regretted it straight away…..

mogrim

Coursera, online study.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Classical Guitar, sometimes accompanying my violinist mate
    Pub, including optional games
    Cooking experiments
    Board games with mates
    Films, sometimes with mates
    Playstation

I’d like to add womanising as a hobby but don’t know where to start.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Last year I got the sudden urge to Jigsaw (not sure it hat is a proper noun) – got laughed at by the OH but then she got into it too. It is quite relaxing with a glass of wine and the radio. Nothing less than 1000 pieces though. Hardcore Middleage?….Hell Yes!

IanW
    Free Member

I seem to be developing a cabinet making hobby.

Havent actually made any cabinets yet but have watched some you tubes, bought some tools and put some shelves together using fancy joins.

Like it, there nice tools to buy and you get something to show for it.

nedrapier

I’ve got a few Atlas marquetry-by-numbers kits I inherited from my Grandpa. Not got stuck into them yet.

Then there’s the guitar sitting in the corner that I’m still rubbish at playing.

I’ve also got some non-working clocks and pocket watches and a couple of books on clock and watch repair.

So a few potential hobbies, but work, climbing, bikes (moto trials and mtb), bike building/maintenance take up a lot of the time. Those and The Sex, obviously, be remiss of me not to mention that in the light of recent threads. And photography and playing with the results, which goes together with a lot of the above.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Baking, climbing, orienteering, reading, onanism.

footflaps

I’d like to add womanising as a hobby but don’t know where to start.

Try finding a woman 😉

bencooper
    Free Member

Like it, there nice tools to buy and you get something to show for it.

Oh yes, there’s woodcarving – when it stops raining I’ve got a carved tree seat in the garden to finish for the offspring. I like it because a. it’s satisfying hacking lumps of wood with an adze, and b. I had to buy an adze. And a bigger adze. And an axe.

djglover
    Free Member

Turbo trainer – thesufferfest 🙂

elzorillo
    Free Member

Sailing (and windsurfing), Boxing.

wwaswas

I’ve got a few Atlas marquetry-by-numbers kits I inherited from my Grandpa. Not got stuck into them yet.

Worried you’re not cut out for it?

igmc.

nedrapier

Weh-HEY! 😀

nedrapier

Weh-HEY! 😀

Edit: double posted from all teh lolz.

willard

I tend to do a fair bit of running, followed by a bit of DIY or just sitting around and playing fetch with the dogs. I might read a book or something too.

Basically just not being at work.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

sleep, driving, work, young children, jobs, riding, eating.

oh for some spare time.

donks
    Free Member

19 posts in and no Pron….

ourmaninthenorth

Bathing small child
    Work
    Cooking
    Some more work
    Getting ready to go to work
    TV
    Bed

And The Shex (but not with nedrapier)

Keva
    Free Member

yoga, cooking, eating, reading. usually in that order. rock n roll lifestye these days.

mark90
    Free Member

My new nobby since my daughter got some for christmas has become lego.

samuri
    Free Member

I started drawing. It’s great. I spend more time doing that now than I do cycling. I’m not sure which I’m best at, it’s such a low comparison plateau.
    But I also read a lot.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Putting kids to bed, tidying up after kids, laundry, housework, eating, shopping, online banking, sleeping.

And occasionally running, occasionally riding a bike.

Free time, eh? Who’d have it?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I’ve recently invested in a decent set of dumbbells and bench and have found that more enjoyable than I expected. It’s a good workout, you definitely start feeling better about yourself and I’m hoping it will aid my riding having more upper body strength and stronger core muscles.

ThePinkster

Not a hobby (yet) but I’d like to learn to play the banjo. Can’t find anyone in my locale who could teach me though.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Climbing
    Producing some climbing gear

I’m loving both of the above, the climbing is really good fun and has eaten into biking time, I’m crap at it, but looking to improve.

The producing is hush hush right now but it started last year as an interest and I’ve got to prototype stages and they are out for test, wahoo, my own little product line might happen later this year.

I like jigsaws too <blush>.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Not a hobby (yet) but I’d like to learn to play the banjo. Can’t find anyone in my locale who could teach me though.

Me too. It’s on my list for this year. Something about the energy and joy that seems to come from playing the banjo really appeals. Zero musical talent might make it tricky though.

ourmaninthenorth

Mrs North asked for a banjo for Christmas in 2011. I bought her one. It;s spent 12 months unused, in spite of there being a teacher 15 miles away.

chvck
    Free Member

I play Ultimate Frisbee at least once a week and Hockey occasionally. Quite partial to cooking when I’m in the right mood. Oh and coding, mostly web bits and bobs.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

…is genuinely amazed at people who have a surfeit of both spare time and small children.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Gaming – currently splitting my time between Darksiders II, World of Warcraft, The Secret World, Rocksmith, and various casual games on t’iPad. Need to get cracking on the new Professor Layton too.

Bass guitaring

Art – decided I was going to properly practice this year, and started a Deviant Art account.

Reading. I read anything. Novels, magazines, the back of shampoo bottles…

Dog training.

Harry_the_Spider

sleep, driving, work, young children, jobs, riding, eating.

oh for some spare time.

Sounds familiar 😐

I manage a spot of cooking too.

grantway
    Free Member

Like to learn Classical or acoustic guitar

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Hobbies’ is closed to new replies.