Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hoard, Build, Sell?
  • scotroutes

Due to a recent acquisition, I now have enough 9-speed drivetrain parts to build a complete bike using my old Ti 26″ frame. Thing is, I don’t know what I’d actually use it for. So, do I hard all the bits as spares, build the bike up for nostalgias sake or sell the bits I’m not using (the frame/fork stays).

Northwind

Depends where you are in the depreciation curve I suppose. There’s a lot of parts I’m keeping now, but should have sold last year, because they’re 26 and therefore now unsafe for offroad use. It’s a total bummer.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

a) or b).

Depending on your other half, a) until c) isn’t worth and therefore you might as well b).

I’m looking forwards to building my hack up soon. Magura rim brakes, 130mm stem, Judy XC forks… gonna be a beuat. The bits have been in a garage for a looong time.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Sell it. 26ers are old hat now. You’ll be buying a mangle and washboard next…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Build it, see if you like it/use it? Then act accordingly

andytherocketeer

i tend to hoard, cos i haven’t found enough “round tuits” to build, and refuse to sell online (can’t get scammed that way).

£100 for a new frame and one more planned upgrade for the main bike, and I’ve got a new bike in the form of a pile o’ bits.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hoard, Build, Sell?’ is closed to new replies.