• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years ago by kcr.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Ho, Ho, Ho… Christmas spirit is alive*…
  • sas78

Well, I feel a little festive glow today fellow STWers…

The fixings on the plastic under guard thingy broke on my car this morning after navigating one of Edinburgh’s crater sized pot holes on the way to dropping off Junior at nursery. Cue a noisy, draggy plastic noise and lots of stares from passers by… So I popped into McConechy’s tyre place in Sighthill at lunch time and they fired it on the ramp there and then, wrestled with the rusted and broken bolts, which were in some state and put new ones on (took about 15 mins) and then said it was on the house. I was prepared to pay so I stuck a wee fiver in their christmas drinks kitty despite protestations.

Then I returned a part no longer needed on my car (I fixed the old light myself) and Pentland Components waived (without me asking) the usual restocking fee of 20%, which was £26. I was over a week outside the normal free return period due to me faffing a bit on the repair so I fully expected to pay.

Very decent all round I thought, so what are your festive tales of people being “old school” nice.

Ho Ho Ho.

* NB. I absolutely detest Christmas, and everything (except Brussel Sprouts, obviously) about it. So this is a serious statement from me.

kcr
    Free Member

I’ll second that experience of McConechy’s. They did an emergency repair when I turned up one morning, refused payment, and had to be pressed to accept some beer money instead.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Ho, Ho, Ho… Christmas spirit is alive*…’ is closed to new replies.