Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • HMV – Need a CD
  • Pieface

Was going to get Massive Attack Mezzanine on the 2 for £10 deal. The other things I want aren't in the deal. Haven't really looked but any recommendations for another good album thats likely to be in the deal?

Pressed for time at lunch and always forget what those CDs are I keep meaning to buy, either that or something totally off the wall but good appreciated. Ta

cynic-al
    Free Member

Anything by Level 42.

Seroiously Mezanine is a bit crap and I bet you can get it for £5 online.

sc-xc

Mezzanine is shite. Do yourself a favour and select anything else.

Pieface

Ok.

Recommend me some 2 for £10 (will consider plumping for Levle 42 just to see what the fuss is about)

sc-xc

You can always get the Primal Scream back catalogue in the 2 for a tenner deal, plus some classics that you may have overlooked? (Last time round I got some Doors, Verve, Army, Fall, Beach Boys, Stones etc)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jeez do you not even know what music you like?

Pieface

cynic-al – Member
    Jeez do you not even know what music you like?

Apart from what I hear on the radio I've already got everything I like and am bored of it. Much as I enjoy music, I'm not bothered enough to seek out new stuff.

Also the things I haven't already got are £11 rather than 2 for £10 – I figure I should really buy these instead.

If it helps I liked Jungle / DnB back in the day but don't have any. Is LTJ Bukem / Ronni Size an epic fail?

sc-xc

LTJ Bukem is ace mate….listened to Logical Progression the other day 8)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Listen to the radio a bit and save your money meantime.

charlierevell
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with Mez album! Cousin co wrote a lot of it so I got to play table football with Massive Attack in the studio, at the age of 13ish It was quite cool. Met them a few more times at some gigs and stuff too which was cool.
    Oh… and its an amazing, Iconic album. Songs have been used on sooo much!

13thfloormonk

Bloody hell, thats taking music snobbery to a new level, mezzanine is a classic, you need to at least hear it once…

cynic-al
    Free Member

I listened to it many times, it's still gathering dust, no matter how many times anyone played table football with them.

Give me an insult from Mark E Smith any day!

theflatboy
    Free Member

i take exception to anyone in here saying mezzanine is crap. 😡

DezB
    Free Member

seek out new stuff

Do that then. Go onto Bleep.com, juno.co.uk, etc etc and listen to samples. Drum'n'Bass has evolved into dubstep, so try some of that.
    Level-f^&*ing-42 were absolutely the worst shit going back in the 80s so don't bother with them.
    Mezzanine is like all Massive Attack albums – 3(ish) classic tracks and a bunch of fillers.
    {edit} and there's no point in asking on STW about new music cos 99% of them listen to the same old rubbish year after year!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘HMV – Need a CD’ is closed to new replies.