Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • HMRC – Complaints and Escalations
  • Coyote
    Free Member

I have an ongoing issue with HMRC that they are showing no urgency to sort. Due to incorrect information supplied by the last company I worked for I am being overcharged for a company car. All relevant and corrected paperwork was submitted months ago but they are still no closer to resolving the issue. This is now having a pretty major negative impact on me and I need it sorting now. I don’t want to speak to someone reading a script in a call centre. Is there a more direct route I can take for complaints?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Have you spoken to them?

Whenever I’ve needed tax advice, I’ve called and found them to be more than helpful.

johndoh
    Free Member

Won’t help but I have up after almost two years and various forms and applications for tribunals going missing and paid the £1400 they claimed I owed – it was costing me much more than that in time spent chasing it…

br
    Free Member

I have an ongoing issue with HMRC that they are showing no urgency to sort. Due to incorrect information supplied by the last company I worked for I am being overcharged for a company car. All relevant and corrected paperwork was submitted months ago but they are still no closer to resolving the issue. This is now having a pretty major negative impact on me and I need it sorting now. I don’t want to speak to someone reading a script in a call centre. Is there a more direct route I can take for complaints?

So, it wasn’t actually HMRC’s fault in the first place, but your previous company?

Just ring them (they are normal people doing a job, at least that is my experience), but be sensible about the £100 or so a month it’s probably costing you – you’ll get it back; and if you’re actually a 40% tax payer it’ll probably just mean you’ve less tax to pay after self-assessment.

Coyote
    Free Member

coolhand – many, many, many times. They will go so far and then it gets passed to “technical dept” or as I know it, black hole. They are helpful as long as it is on script. Off script? Useless.

johndoh – thanks for the heads up.

withersea
    Free Member

Write to your mp and ask them to write hmrc. It may get someone else looking at your case a bit quicker

Sandwich

Write to them, and keep writing. Send it all recorded/signed for.

footflaps

You have to hound them to hell and back. I’ve given up trying to correct my tax code as they seem to completely ignore anything which reduces the amount of tax you should pay…

brassneck

coolhand – many, many, many times. They will go so far and then it gets passed to “technical dept” or as I know it, black hole. They are helpful as long as it is on script. Off script? Useless.

You can ask on the phone for an escalation as a level 2 technical query. Then you get to speak directly to them.

Were very helpful to me with SA, though I’m wondering now when my bill will actually hit my account to pay, anyone any idea?

DaveP

Took about 4 years to sort out a mistake THEY made.
    Only my accountant could see some of the figures.
    But that seems OTT for you

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘HMRC – Complaints and Escalations’ is closed to new replies.