Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Too good to be true? TdF road bike content. Any Dundee folk on here? Help please
  • psychle
    Free Member

In my continuing search for a road bike, I've found this rather fetching beauty:

This is apparently number 1 of 8 prototype Felt AR1 Team issue bikes, as ridden by Will Frischkorn (not that I know who that is!)to a 2nd place in the 2007 TdF. Asking price is a very reasonable (it seems to me?) £1650…

Seller is apparently based in Dundee and is happy for a 'cash on collection' deal, so that's good! Trouble is I'm based in London, so it's a fair old way to travel! Don't suppose there's anyone in Dundee interested in taking a look for me? 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Frischkorn

He got 2nd in stage 3 of the TdF in 08, and combative rider..

Looks a beauty, and if its cash on collection, can't be that dodgy..

steve_b77
    Free Member

Looks pretty

psychle
    Free Member

ah, my mistake, it was 2nd in Stage 3 of the 2008 TdF, you're correct!

njee20
    Free Member

Stonking value, the Zipp 808s are £1700 alone! They're presumably tubs, limiting their overall usefulness for normal riding. I'd be inclined to flog them and get some more usable alu clinchers.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Can be in Dundee, there's signs of life in the ground, oh and the fence isn't trashed.

psychle
    Free Member

Stonking value, the Zipp 808s are £1700 alone!

The whole thing has to be worth £5k+, so the asking price seems a little low to me, which is raising a flag as to provenance etc… though I guess if it was hot, it'd be all over the interweb??

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Could prob have a look for you mate. I'm moving house next week, but got time off work.
    Not entirely sure I'd know what I was looking for though.

bigyinn – Member
    Can be in Dundee, there's signs of life in the ground, oh and the fence isn't trashed.

take it this is supposed to say 'can't be in Dundee' ….typical. Dundee is lovely…come on over, have a pie on a roll 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I'd say hotter than runaway nuclear fission at that price.

druidh
    Free Member

Would Cavendish still have won todays stage on on of these – or has technology moved on too quickly.?

Free Member

I've got a friend in Dundee, i'm quite sure he would be happy to take a look at it for you, he's got a nice bike or two himself and I certainly trust his judgement.

Of course, should any of the other offers for 'hands and eyes' fall through, then let me know.

cheers,
    jt

poppa
    Free Member

Oooh, that's nasty.

EDIT: TdF spoiler, not the bike.

woody2000

I like that, but it'd be bit like white or gold football boots – you'd have to be pretty good to get away with it!

1981miked
    Free Member

Im in Dundee mate, id be happy to go have a look at it for you. Im not that clued up on road bikes though! Let me know on mikedonald@hotmail.com.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Sounds too cheap to me, as mentioned above those wheels are worth the asking price alone.

aP
    Free Member

It's very odd that its got Campag ergos whilst the frame is labelled Shimano. Its not as original, and it'd be worth making sure that the wheels are compatable. Seems like an odd price too – although it is 2 years old and would have been ridden hard.

Squidward

If you are worried about provenance you could ask a previous owner who he sold it to?

psychle
    Free Member

Yep, found that post on roadbikereview… OP on that is based in the States I think?

More pics here from my seller here…

psychle
    Free Member

OK… this is starting to look like the usual scam to me now… too many similarities between the fence in the pics taken in 2009 (in the US!) and the pics allegedly taken in Dundee:

ahhhh… on further digging, I find this from the OP on roadbikereview.com: familiar looking pics?

So it is too good to be true 🙁 … Bloody scammers…

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

send me along if you want…im pretty much the biggest felt dealer in these parts! and its not one of mine!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Too good to be true? TdF road bike content. Any Dundee folk on here? Help please’ is closed to new replies.