Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Hmmm should I build my new bike up or clear my desk and do some work?
  • schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’m feeling indecisive for a change, maybe you can help me decide what parts to use if I go ahead….

tang
    Free Member

Get a grip man. Buy a bike.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Build bike then post pic then ride. While you are being indecisive you wont get any work done.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Whats wrong with you…. If you on the forum ya not working, may aswell get ya bike sorted.. Your welcome

schrickvr6
    Free Member

OK now I feel inspired, time to put the kettle on 😀

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Some teaser pics and evidence of an insanely messy desk, the first conundrum is whether to fit the headset with a rubber mallet or a rock… 😛

bigyinn
    Free Member

Bike!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Oh unless that means setting up a front mech, in which case, make a coffee first.

wwaswas

the desk does look like it deserves some tidying…

I_Ache
    Free Member

What is the frame, a Transition Double?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

have the same conundrum… work or build new road bike (minus pedals and ft mech 🙁 )

i should probably do a bit more work, else i’ll end up working this evening…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Get it built!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Yup it’s a Double, damn it progresss halted, I need a 3mm headset spacer and it’s prime time traffic outside, tempting to stack a 10mm on top of the stem but I want to do it right

schrickvr6
    Free Member

However well you plan a build there’s always something! To Hellfrauds!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Stick a 10mm until you can get a 3mm.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Balls noticed I bought a bag of m5 bolts for the chain device and needed m6 grrr.

ourmaninthenorth

Time to tidy your desk and do some work then? 😉

schrickvr6
    Free Member

What a faff, went to about five different places, buying screw and roofing bolts that would half do the job, then remembered screwfix, a bag of 50 for £2.78, now it’s dawned on me I should have stocked up on washers.

Questions, What cranks? Saint M800, polished XT or SLX… I’m thinking XT

And What chain device E13 SRS+, Shaman 4X Pro Prokop edition or MRP carbon?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I had a feeling I should just leave it and get on with some work, spent six hours yesterday trying to find my brakes, woke up this morning and found them in the first place I looked

almightydutch
    Free Member

Have you not done this little job yet? 😆

wwaswas

spent six hours yesterday trying to find my brakes

Maybe just a little bit of tidying up would help?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ooooohhh Double? Look forward to the build pics 😛

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I did have a furious cleanup yesterday in the hope I’d uncover my brakes.

Here’s a (lack of) progress shot, I wanted to go with a red and yellow theme but the forks mess with that, should I go with red jockey wheels or blue to match the forks? And blue or red decals?

I like these Clarks brake hose kits, only about £25, loads of fittings and plenty of hose for front and rear…

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’ve just been up the park on the jumps and it feels awesome, I started to wonder if the short would be too short being 6’4″ but it feels just right. With the seat right up it’s actually very rideable in a sit down fashion, originally I was going to go for some U-turn forks so I could wind them out and use it like a trail bike or down for 4x/jump, but I made the mistake of listening to people on here. I’ve got some Rev uppers, Argyle lowers and pushed pike internals so may well give that a try…

Some blurry phonecam pics –

doug_basqueMTB.com

That looks bloody lovely. Ostia, I’ve just had to look again, it’s stunning!

mamadirt
    Free Member

I’ve just been up the park on the jumps and it feels awesome

Oooh, what park? What jumps? You’re in Newport, right? It’s looks great btw 😛

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Cheers, yeah just over Dewswood or what’s left of it…

mamadirt
    Free Member

Hmmm, interesting. Ridden Allt-yr-yn woods quite a bit but never found those trails – worth a look.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

There’s not a huge amount there but it’s close to me, the kids keep building and the council keep flattening, it’s a continual cycle, it used to be a decent little BMX track I don’t know why they had to mess it up.
    There’s a few tidy sneaky trails up Allt-yr-yn a bit overgrown in places though.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Hmmm should I build my new bike up or clear my desk and do some work?’ is closed to new replies.