Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Hmmm. I like Christmas Eve…..but I like New Year's Eve too…….
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Actually – I hate NYE but I love Christmas Eve. The anticipation of enjoying time off work, giving and receiving pressies, over indulging in the finer things without feeling guilty. What a great day / night is the 24th of December.

Which do you lot prefer and why?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I think that this works for most parents

I love Christmas Eve, ‘cos I’ve got kids
    I hate New Years Eve, ‘cos I’ve got kids

Well, not hate, but can’t be bothered with it!

Harry_the_Spider

Christmas Eve.

New Year’s Eve was all about not getting off with ladies when I was a lad. 😐

robowns
    Free Member

Im 24, no kids. NYE is a let down, bars rammed full, costs hiked, worse than a normal weekend night. Last NYE i was in a queue for the bar at countdown which I couldnt leave as i’d commited 45 mins to get to the front.

IHN

Christmas Eve is great.

NYE is not all that.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Christmas eve > NYE

The scots however do a good hogmanay which is totally differnt to NYE 😉

ton

never liked new years eve.
    and when they start singing that sodding song at midnight, it is like peeing on a firework.

lunge

They are different for me.

Xmas eve – Local pub, a few beers, raise a glass a midnight then head home in the hope you don’t feel too bad in the morning. A more traditional night in my eyes.

NYE – Round to someones house to drink far more red wine than I should, eat well and not worry about the next day.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

NYE is rubbish its a big build up to you feeling s**t about all the stuff you didn’t manage to stick at the year before not too bad if you’re with someone but I had a few years on my own with everyone snogging at midnight and me hiding in someone’s bathroom!!

Xmas Eve was ace last year as we didn’t have Binners little ‘uns and same again this year so we don’t get bounced on at 6am so win win win….he may feel differently though I guess

Taff
    Free Member

Christmas Eve has now evolved into a regular visit to my friends parents house with their son & daughter and respective partners. They love flling your glass as soon as it becomes half full so you never have any idea how much you drunk until you wake up Xmas Day at 3 in the afternoon. Not bothered about NYE, far too expensive to go out and possiblly may have people over for a bit of a shindig or go elsewhere… providing it doesn’t snow.

davidrussell
    Free Member

Christmas eve = the day before a nice day

NYE = the day before a sh!t day

I think the problem for me is that NYE has been hyped up so much its always a let down no matter what you do

davidrussell
    Free Member

damn double post

Drac

I like both this year I’m working right through Xmas weekend though so looking forward to Boxing day with my family.

johnners
    Free Member

Xmas Eve was ace last year as we didn’t have Binners little ‘uns and same again this year so we don’t get bounced on at 6am

You should definitely bounce on him yourself at 6am to make up for it, he’ll be delighted you made the effort.

jota180
    Free Member

NYE = the day before a sh!t day

although I hate NYE, New Year’s Day is a superb day out on the bike
    Usually head out at first light into the silence

derek_starship
    Free Member

So I’m not alone in disliking NYE.

The other thing about it is it means there’s only a day or two before it’s time to go back to work.

Our local (which is shite) charges £10 admission FFS. £10 to deal with 8 deep at the bar, blocked loos, over-priced and badly kept pish and the risk of being knifed by a drugged up 17 year old. Nah.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

NYE is pants now..

Used to love it back in my pub running days – the last busy night for a while, and time for a week off somewhere snowy 😆

jota180
    Free Member

Our local (which is shite) charges £10 admission FFS

They charge to go in a pub?

Make sure you vote with your feet all year round

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Hmmm. I like Christmas Eve…..but I like New Year's Eve too…….’ is closed to new replies.