• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • hmm Elliptigo any thoughts?
  • mmb
    Free Member

just found this and wondered what people thought, not cheap tho!

Home

bencooper
    Free Member

Silly, very silly.

scaredypants

you’re a generous man, Ben

bencooper
    Free Member

Thank you 🙂

I don’t see the point, basically – if it’s about getting exercise, then just go running (or, erm, cycling). If it’s about getting somewhere quickly, then a normal bike will be faster.

mmb
    Free Member

They’re saying that it’s a low impact version of running tho so surely for those who have joint issues or maybe don’t want the issues to develop in the first place it has to be a good thing? I don’t run for this very reason.

bencooper
    Free Member

Cycling is low impact 🙂

It’s an idea that crops up every few years in various guises.

Have you looked at barefoot running? My knees don’t like normal running either, but the low-impact barefoot way of running I’d much better for me.

andyl
    Free Member

I can feel the inertial feedback going through my legs just watching the video like you get on a cross trainer at the gym. Yuck.

mmb
    Free Member

I’m told that running is one of the best ways to get fit and lose weight and as for cycling yes it is low impact however it’s not very effective for for either fitness or weight loss and I ride singlespeed for an average of 80 miles per week, I am losing weight as a result of this but looking to compliment the cycling with some other form of excercise for better all round fitness.

CraigW
    Free Member

I think a Kickbike would be more fun. Plus much simpler / cheaper. http://www.kickbike.com/

wingnuts

A couple of the blokes who work for them came out on some ctc rides when they were training for a 100 miler. Kept up well but they were fit! Not sure that was because they were, or because of the machine. Along the flat it was fine but hills needed serious work. I wasn’t tempted and it’s a seriously large bit of metal. As a get fit machine perhaps but not as a ride.

rootes1

do see a chap in richmond park on one… very odd, but seems to move quite quick

hels
    Free Member

You could put it on a turbo trainer and have an indoor running cycling machine.

IHN

as for cycling yes it is low impact however it’s not very effective for for either fitness or weight loss

Honestly? Did you actually type that? Honestly? 😐

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘hmm Elliptigo any thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.