Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Hiut jeans – anyone wearing them?
  • russianbob
    Free Member

I have two pairs. One from 2012 and one from earlier this year. The 2012 pair have been repaired twice and the repairs are brilliant. So much better than Nudie (who offer free repairs too) and people like The Denim Doctor.

I’ve been to the factory a few times and I’d say the price point is about right for the quality of denim used and the craftsmanship that goes into them.

I’ve been a bit of a denim geek for a long time now and have subscribed to the no wash philosophy in the past, I’m not too sure now, I think that perhaps not washing increases wear as the fabric doesn’t soften up as much and therefore creates more crotch blow out. I’m not suggesting washing every week but the 2 years plus some of my pairs have done perhaps is a bit much.

They’re worth the money I reckon and the customer service is absolutely second to none.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

How tall do you have to be that a 34″ is too short?

6′ 5″, 32″ waist. I need a 36 leg, more if theres going to be any shrinkage (I had a pair of expensive Levi’s that were at least 37″ when I bought them that ended up too short).

theotherjonv

Freak 😉

If serious, call them and ask them if they can do an XXL. Plus a ladder so you can get in the top.

willard

Yup, here too. the standard 36/34 of the 501 that is my usual jean for work is barely long enough to count as fitting properly, so a 36″ inside leg is far more preferable and would allow me to wear a 34″ waist too.

Mind you, I do tend to sop int he US and being able to walk into any shop that sells 501s and just buy a 36/34 means shopping for jeans is relatively painless.

tpbiker
    Free Member

struggle to understand why that many people are commited to buying british above something usually just as good and cheaper from abroad.

Sure I get the whole ‘support british workers’ angle, but I like to think I’m supporting the country by paying VAT, and my Taxes etc etc…

And is the guy making those 240 quid jeans really getting paid that much more than the guy in the high street shop who in turn gets laid off due to the direct to customer model..

anyway back on topic

Get ones that you know fit you….and for that reason I’d avoid online.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Rivet and Hide have a decent selection of selvedge, and a store in That London to try things out for size. Apologies in advance to the price sensitive souls who have stumbled into this thread by accident.

ChrisHeath

struggle to understand why that many people are commited to buying british above something usually just as good and cheaper from abroad

Depends on your definition of ‘just as good’, I guess.

How Can Jeans Cost $20? – Beneath the Surface

“Why does everyone ask “why is this so expensive” instead of asking “why is this so cheap?”

Coyote
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

I thought nobody over the age of 30 was as allowed to wear jeans…?

Only if you listen to STW’s very own Gok Wan.

natrix
    Free Member

Aldi have jeans for less than £8.00 this Thursday 8)

https://www.aldi.co.uk/men%27s-31%22-slim-leg-jeans/p/071917099645400

chakaping
    Free Member

struggle to understand why that many people are commited to buying british above something usually just as good and cheaper from abroad.

Sure I get the whole ‘support british workers’ angle, but I like to think I’m supporting the country by paying VAT, and my Taxes etc etc…

And is the guy making those 240 quid jeans really getting paid that much more than the guy in the high street shop who in turn gets laid off due to the direct to customer model..

Well there’s clearly a high level of **** tax applied to the £240 jeans, so that’s not a fair comparison – I’m sure you can pay just as much for poncy foreign jeans.

Probably even more now, thanks to Brexit (ding!).

Tangent: Aldi jeans promo was shot on the west shore at Llandudno, are they copying Howies’ outdoorsy marketing schtick?

https://cdn.aldi-digital.co.uk/Men’s-31%22-Slim-Leg-Jeans-C.jpg?o=4wJv9N4hmupEInboJAHZw0QmLBoj&V=kVOs&w=480&h=600&p=2&q=77

Image won’t embed, soz.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Hiut jeans – anyone wearing them?’ is closed to new replies.